Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
34,268 Posts
rusted said:
Well, that was quick! It's also going to look badass.
Not so quick to judge now, he tore the other one up real quick too;):flipoff2:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Bones said:
OMG!! I can't believe you are cutting up a perfectly good 4runner :crybaby2:
I tried and tried selling it - even had the price dropped all the way down to $2800 and nobody would come off the cash :(

Wife and I talked - it fit the need of adding the family seating we wanted, it was a RUNNING vehicle so less work to do, and as I said - I just could not get it sold. So I did what I had to do :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
DRM said:

I tried and tried selling it - even had the price dropped all the way down to $2800 and nobody would come off the cash :(

Wife and I talked - it fit the need of adding the family seating we wanted, it was a RUNNING vehicle so less work to do, and as I said - I just could not get it sold. So I did what I had to do :)
I have an '88 and if it don't sell it might become a body donor for the '85. Or hell, maybe just SAS it and have TWO!:D

I noticed you didn't plate the frame behind the steering box. Mine isn't plated either but soon will be. The other day I noticed the rear tube has seperated from the frame and there are small cracks in the frame.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
flimmy said:

Sounds like your getting into alot of custom fab stuff , which will = TIME :rolleyes:
Did you ever consider maybe it was not me who might be doing it? ;)

And that hypothetically, it could be done in just a couple of days? ;)

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
85TrailToy said:
I noticed you didn't plate the frame behind the steering box. Mine isn't plated either but soon will be. The other day I noticed the rear tube has seperated from the frame and there are small cracks in the frame.
I have not plated the frame at the IFS box because I am not sure what is gonna happen with the box just yet.

Early measurements show the curret axle location, steering arms, and box location are not gonna work as is. It looks like the box is gonna have to come forward at leat an inch, maybe more, maybe less if I fabbed up a slightly shorter pitman arm than what comes on the IFS box. Gonna wait until the axle is firmly in place before I make any decisions about that.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
was that truck originally from transilvania? looks like the counts blood red interior :flipoff2: :D

4runner on 60's=:drool:
Looks like the same 'ho house' red my '88 has. It is VERY red.:D

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
Pdaddy said:
That oughta part out real nice in a year :flipoff2:
your giving him that long, he start projects about as often as booger, except booger finishes them and well DRM starts them.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
mobil1syn said:

your giving him that long, he start projects about as often as booger, except booger finishes them and well DRM starts them.
Starts them ? I only thought he started one :D and that was on 1-21-03 . So Booger has done , what , 3 in the same time DRM has been " working " on his.

·
Registered
34,268 Posts
flimmy said:

Starts them ? I only thought he started one :D and that was on 1-21-03 . So Booger has done , what , 3 in the same time DRM has been " working " on his.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
flimmy said:

I have built or helped build 4 trucks since I tore my blue one apart... unfortunately none of them were my own :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
DRM said:

I have built or helped build 4 trucks since I tore my blue one apart... unfortunately none of them were my own :rolleyes:
I just read the title again.... maybe you should call it "My new rig"

My project vehicle implies its going to be a work in progress forever, and you need as much help as you can get staying away from that!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
We try to push him along with keeping the posts to the top with our proding. But I guess it just takes some time. :D

Like a year or more. :flipoff2:

21 - 40 of 451 Posts