Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around the block :D . The first time it has been on the road in 4 years :bounce2: After all that hassel with my scout steering box, now that it is working, WOW It drives like there are no tires on it all. It is one finger steering, but then, I never got it going faster than 20mph because 700r4 is NOT SHIFTING. :mad3: Which doesn't surprise me. I think I trashed it trying to get it to work to start with. Luckily I have another 700r4 out of a 92 Surburban, but it is a 4WD. I understand that my AA adapter will only use a 2WD output shaft, so I am planning to swap the two. I got a 700r4 manual through Georg, so I have some idea where to start.

A few poser pics of my 55 below. Look for the muffler and you know I haven't done the exhaust yet. A lot of bling stuff has not been put back on yet. Notice the license plate. Don't let camo paint scare you either

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
looking good...I'd consider the muffler one of the bling items :flipoff2:

bk

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looking good, what are the specs? SOA?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Very cool! my muffler is rust colored ;) you are blingin!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congratulations!

I consider driving around the block in a rig that hasnt moved in 4 years a great acomplishment, but Im easily impressed.

And jealous

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
don't pull that transmission yet bill, that might be an easy fix. i'll elaborate later.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
that is beautiful.... :) congrats on the road test.

chris :cool2:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Brings a happy tear to my eye ... another beautiful princess back on the road.

Hope to someday get my piggie to once again move under its own power.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1975 FJ55
SOA
MTRs 35"
Scout Power steering
4WDB - mini in front- GM in back
700R4
1992 350 TBI
Taurus Fan
Warn 8000 in box
Art Carr shifter this weekend :p
Get this - - Electric door locks :D
Supra seats

·
Registered
175 Posts
Electric door locks! that is too sweet, what did you pull them out of? I love the rig man, nice work

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drove the pig some more today!!!

OK, I am an idiot. Yesterday, I couldn't get it going faster than 15 MPH. I thought the transmission was not shifting. NO. I had the TC in 4wd low :shaking: I don't have the dual stick TC shifter installed yet, so I forgot to check the TC to make sure it was in 2wd high. :emb3: Today it was, so I got it upto 45mph :p Actually drove pretty nice, except for the partailly installed exhaust system blasing in the cab with tranny hump off. The shifting of the 700r4 needs a little tweaking, but it was shifting correctly. :) :) The funny part is getting my left foot to stop looking for the clutch :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts