Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Cab and Chassis truck that is toast but the 14bolt rear is good and the Dana 60 front is in decent shape as well, but my question is what does it take to convert the Dana 60 front from the DRW setup to the SRW? From what I understand you just have to change out the hubs and drill the rotors. What is the cheapest way to do this? any info. would be greatly appreciated.

-matt

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is hubs the only thing that I need to complete the conversion?, or do I need to drill the rotors as well, I would think it would be easier to just buy 3/4 ton dana 60 rotors instead because there pretty cheap. thanks

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Drill the rotors...the 3/4 ton rotors will not match your calapers and backing plates.

You will also need new studs and probubly lugnuts if the ones you have won't work.

Or instead of spending 350$ on hubs you could turn off the outer wheel mount surface in a lathe and flatten the inner surface...then redrill the rotor and add studs...

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
If you get lucky like I did, find someone that wants to swap to DRW. That would be the easiest and cheapest way.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
end up with this...

and by the way, use the stock rotors, just drill the stud holes out.

check out my thread in gen 4x4 for more about the pros and cons of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Reddman's way it the way.It cost me $500 to do the conversion.Now I know a guy can cut them down. :mad3: I wish I had known.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Can someone help out some more here. What exactly is needed to convert the drw hubs to srw by machining them? How much approx would a machine shop charge? Any good suggestions for a local so cal shop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts