Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TJ has dual Optimas but I'm not happy with the mounting setup. One is in the stock tray, the other is in a universal tray on top of the passenger inner fender under the grill support rod.

Just wondering how others have their batteries mounted. WranglerNW has a dual battery tray for TJs w/o AC. I have AC and I'm not sure if this could be adapted.

I performed a search and got no results. Any info or pics will help and definately be appreciated. I'm going to do something different than my current setup, just doing some research before I jump into this little project. Thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've installed this dual battery setup in my previous 2 jeeps (both with a/c). It worked out great, and i never had a problem with the setup or clearance or anything. I made a handfull of little modifications to get everything to fit, so it wasnt just a simple drop in type of install. I had to make my own battery tray, battery hold down brackets, new battery cables, ect...

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
anger mgmt said:
My TJ has dual Optimas but I'm not happy with the mounting setup. One is in the stock tray, the other is in a universal tray on top of the passenger inner fender under the grill support rod.

Just wondering how others have their batteries mounted. WranglerNW has a dual battery tray for TJs w/o AC. I have AC and I'm not sure if this could be adapted.

I performed a search and got no results. Any info or pics will help and definately be appreciated. I'm going to do something different than my current setup, just doing some research before I jump into this little project. Thanks.
WranglerNW has a dual battery kit for the TJ w/AC. It uses Oddyessy batteries.

http://www.wranglernw.com/commerce/ItemDetail.asp?ItemNo=34-965-1

·
Registered
492 Posts
I did almost the same thing as TBM Jeep did. Mine works great, but I will agree with Seth too. If the Kilby kit is reasonable and sturdy (which is typical of Kilby), it would have been nice to save some time in fabrication.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Let us make a few calls and see where Paul is at in the production stage. The benefit of ours is that the air conditioning does not need to be discharged and modded. On newer models, the support bracket for the distribution block will need to be moved forward an inch, but three holes and three pop rivits later and you're all set.

Our model also fits 4 cyl. models. Hopefully this fills the gap with where other concepts left off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.