Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has Trail Gear been testing the newly released dual case adapter in the TG formula Toy for awhile?

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Our best testing has been under John's Black truck. As you guys know he drive this rig with total disregard for anything. He has been driving on and off road road for months with it. He has hammered it hard with his 39" Iroks for traction. He has broken R&P's, Detroit, drive shafts and T-case output shaft but the dual adapter is working great.

If John can't break it, it's good.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Have people been breaking adapters? From what I've seen the output, or gearset will break first. I've never heard of it, please correct me if I'm wrong here seems like a marketing tactic more than something someone would ever use.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Have people been breaking adapters? From what I've seen the output, or gearset will break first. I've never heard of it, please correct me if I'm wrong here seems like a marketing tactic more than something someone would ever use.
The number one failure is the rear output shaft. The number two failure is the input gear on the rear section of a dual case if using 21 spline gears (using 23 spline fixes this). The number three failure is rear coupler/input gear stripping out. The first two problems can be fixed by building with the right parts. Longfields rear output and 23 spline gears solve these problems.

We address the 3rd problem by maintaining tight tolerances on the coupler machining to reduce play and slop that leads to the coupler wearing out and striping.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
The number one failure is the rear output shaft. The number two failure is the input gear on the rear section of a dual case if using 21 spline gears (using 23 spline fixes this). The number three failure is rear coupler/input gear stripping out. The first two problems can be fixed by building with the right parts. Longfields rear output and 23 spline gears solve these problems.

We address the 3rd problem by maintaining tight tolerances on the coupler machining to reduce play and slop that leads to the coupler wearing out and striping.
So what exactly are you guaranteeing? Is everything included in the kit coverd under the guarantee? What processes/ materials do you use to manufacture the coupler that makes it superior to the competitions' couplers. I thought the "total spline" setup was for the #3 failure?

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
I will be honest - I felt the same way when Marlin came out with his "new" version that was supposedly improved over the original (AA built?) plate. Owning one of the first couple hundred adapters, Marlin's own website claimed it was inferior to his new style - though I am still running it some 10+ years later without a single issue.

My gut (and first hand experience) tells me that they are all quality parts that will serve the user well for years to come.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
So what exactly are you guaranteeing? Is everything included in the kit coverd under the guarantee? What processes/ materials do you use to manufacture the coupler that makes it superior to the competitions' couplers. I thought the "total spline" setup was for the #3 failure?
We guarantee every thing in the dual case kit and the 4.70 gear kit for life. No matter how it is used, no matter who you sell it to, no matter how many trucks it has been in, we guarantee it forever. If any part ever fails, just send it back and we will replace it.

The materials and process used in making our couplers are similar to couplers we make for other vendors. Please note that our couplers are not compatible or interchangeable with other couplers. Years ago many couplers were very sloppy and caused many couplers strip out. The ones we make have very tight tolerances, reducing slop in the coupler.

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
yea, same here. i have one of those "inferior" first marlin adapters, still going after 10 years of hard use. never taken it apart either.

Shane

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
We guarantee every thing in the dual case kit and the 4.70 gear kit for life. No matter how it is used, no matter who you sell it to, no matter how many trucks it has been in, we guarantee it forever. If any part ever fails, just send it back and we will replace it.

The materials and process used in making our couplers are similar to couplers we make for other vendors. Please note that our couplers are not compatible or interchangeable with other couplers. Years ago many couplers were very sloppy and caused many couplers strip out. The ones we make have very tight tolerances, reducing slop in the coupler.
If it fails when you are out wheeling, say half way through the Dusy, can I call you and will you guys bring me the new part? Trying to figure if it is worth changeing out my ten year old Marlin setup!!!!!!:flipoff2:

Lifetime warranties do not mean didley to me, AutoZone, Kargen, and G.G. gears have them and their stuff is crap.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
The image you posted is a clocked case, right? Do you plan to offer those as well? And if so, will you offer a bolt-in crossmember?

I have to agree in general with OOPs about lifetime warranties. I have gone to Autozone and Sears with broken parts/tools enough to know they don't mean all that much. In the end it's a lot less hassle to install quality parts. Most vendors that are reputable will take care of it's customers regardless of their official warranty anyway. I'm not saying that TG offering a lifetime warranty doesn't mean anything, though. I think it's great.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If it fails when you are out wheeling, say half way through the Dusy, can I call you and will you guys bring me the new part? Trying to figure if it is worth changeing out my ten year old Marlin setup!!!!!!:flipoff2:

Lifetime warranties do not mean didley to me, AutoZone, Kargen, and G.G. gears have them and their stuff is crap.
Oops,

Our warranty is for real! No questions; just send us your broken junk and we will replace it immediately.

Matt

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
The image you posted is a clocked case, right? Do you plan to offer those as well? And if so, will you offer a bolt-in crossmember?

I have to agree in general with OOPs about lifetime warranties. I have gone to Autozone and Sears with broken parts/tools enough to know they don't mean all that much. In the end it's a lot less hassle to install quality parts. Most vendors that are reputable will take care of it's customers regardless of their official warranty anyway. I'm not saying that TG offering a lifetime warranty doesn't mean anything, though. I think it's great.
pic shows both mounting holes in same position, not clocked to me......?

p.s.
snap on offers a lifetime warrenty too.....good stuff;)

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Oops,

Our warranty is for real! No questions; just send us your broken junk and we will replace it immediately.

Matt
Matt, I was just joking with you. I know you stand behind your products!!!!!!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Sorry i missed it but what is the TG Adapter worth and how does that compare to other brand adapters?
just click there website
adapter $299
4.7 gear set $349

1 - 20 of 20 Posts