Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just assembled a dual case adapter and also installed gears in the rear case...when mated the drivers side shift rail in the rear case interferes with the shift rail in the front case .....

I've seperated the two cases and they both work fine seperated..I can see where the shift rail would interfere..

with the rear case in 2 high the shift rail sticks out .594
with the front case in low the shift rail is in .3095

This creating all kinds of trouble with various shifting combinations..I boggles my mind trying to type the combos I can and can't do :D

I've assembled a few of these and never had a problem...did I use the wrong shift rail or something ? what the hell did I do wrong :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
you may have forgotten to trim the 1/2" off the left rail

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it is a marlin crawler adapter there is one of two shift rods that you have to work with on 1989 I think the rod is longer than on earlier years. You might be able to remove the rod and flip it 180, this will put ur shifter in a wierd position though, remove the rod and cut off the excess with a cut off wheel or smthin, or call marlin or wherever you got the adapter from and get the correct one. get creative.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
yep..."if your t-case is an `85 -`88 efi style, remove 1/2" "

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
so what gear combos dont work if you dont trim the shift rail...i thinkive got a buddy with this issue??

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you have it low-low any you try to put the rear in high it will knock the front case in high with it.

can't put the front in low unless the rear is in low..

I think that's how it went..

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
if you have it low-low any you try to put the rear in high it will knock the front case in high with it.

can't put the front in low unless the rear is in low..

I think that's how it went..
thats what i suspected, ill have to call him..thanks!

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
thats what i suspected, ill have to call him..thanks!
i don't think he answered your question right. but i think gears 4.7 and up need clearancing at the collar...marlin tech support? i run stock gears both cases so i'm no help.
edit- nevermind, i was thinking something else.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
no ,i think he was asking what dual case gear combos don't work
the left shift rail operates the 4 wheel drive low,neutral, and high

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
no ,i think he was asking what dual case gear combos don't work
the left shift rail operates the 4 wheel drive low,neutral, and high
right and they bang into eachother(and out of gear) if you dont trim....ive got a friend whos cases where doing this and i didnt understand what he was explaining to me on the phone...sounds the same

·
Registered
84 Posts
right and they bang into eachother(and out of gear) if you dont trim....ive got a friend whos cases where doing this and i didnt understand what he was explaining to me on the phone...sounds the same
This is Aaron........

It's really hard to explain over the phone..That's how I recieved the info and I just had him pull the case and bring it to me because I didn't get what he was saying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts