Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a beadlock wheel with both 8x170 and 8x6.5 bolt patterns? I’m wanting to build a 14 bolt front using 05+ superduty outers. I’d like to run off the shelf unit bearings so I don’t really want to re drill them to 8x6.5. And I don’t really want to convert the rear to 8x170 either. I’m thinking of stepping up to some double beadlock anyways so considering a dual lug pattern as an option

·
Registered
119 Posts
RogueFab makes plate Humvee centers that have a dual pattern. Only company I know of that does. And I think plate centers would be your only option.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
Run hub centric rims that use flange nuts and slot the holes on the rims

Works great for light car 5-lug stuff :flipoff2::laughing:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
When I built my rear steer axle I kinda changed the pattern the :mr-t: way with using wheel adapters..... figured I can get an 05 up unit bearing at any parts store but a redrilled one not so much.....

·
Registered
19,455 Posts
....or I could just run the 8 on 170 pattern wheels in the rear and carry two spare tires with different wheels....:laughing:
I can dual drill the flat centers on our wheels. Not the pressed. Can do 2 wheels 1 way and 2 the other in pressed and run 1 flat center wheel dual drilled for a spare.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Run the 05 UB on the rear also. Works great and tougher than stock 14 bolt spindle. Although re-drilling UB to 8-6.5” is incredibly simple.
I’ve thought about this too and a 40 spline rear. Doing one end at a time fits my budget a little better though

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All good ideas that Ive thought about if I can’t get dual pattern wheels. Another option I’ve considered is switching to cab and chassis hubs on my 14bolt to narrow it up and then run adapter / spacers to get back to full width but I’m not really a fan of those either. I know drilling the hubs isn’t a huge deal. I just like the idea of off the shelf parts

·
Wheeler
2,780 Posts
Why redrill a rim ?

redrill the unit bearings and be done, leave rear alone, stupid simple and cheap we do it all the time .

Convert front studs over to nice long 9/16 NF while you're at it to match the rear .

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Redrill them and carry a single adapter :idea:
In the end the simple and cheap option was off the shelf wheels in the 8x6.5 pattern to match my chevy front 60 and since I knew I was gonna use 1.5” wheel adapters to change the ford metric pattern to match my front and wheels... I built the axle to 66” wms to wms ... add 3” total in adapters to get the correct wheel pattern and boom 69” wms to wms, no need to carry a special spare UB ,or machine anything...

I have used spacers for years on various vehicles and never had an issue or failure...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts