Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
P.B.A.
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got dual radiator caps. Radiator ended up slightly lower than the motor. The highest point is the upper radiator hose.

I've searched and can't find my answer. Do I need to tie both caps to the same overflow? Each have their own? The one on the radiator is a 2lbs higher rating. But tends to be the one which opens. Right now I just top the fluid off when I use it.

What you say?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I would get a much higher cap for the radiator and just run the overflow off of the upper radiator hose.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Some Nissan cars/trucks just run a cap that does not have an overflow on the radiator and use a vented one on the coolant bottle. Your setup would be similar except your higher cap is in the coolant hose.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got dual radiator caps. Radiator ended up slightly lower than the motor. The highest point is the upper radiator hose.

I've searched and can't find my answer. Do I need to tie both caps to the same overflow? Each have their own? The one on the radiator is a 2lbs higher rating. But tends to be the one which opens. Right now I just top the fluid off when I use it.

What you say?
I had the same issue as you with my V8 swap into my ranger. I used this piece on the hose where it exits the T stat housing and turns passenger:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C0749E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then the hose goes to radiator. I plugged the over flow outlet on the in-line radiator cap housing with an npt plug, and I am just using the overflow on the radiator. The radiator cap is the one that is pressurizing my cooling system and it is working great.

·
P.B.A.
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue as you with my V8 swap into my ranger. I used this piece on the hose where it exits the T stat housing and turns passenger:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C0749E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then the hose goes to radiator. I plugged the over flow outlet on the in-line radiator cap housing with an npt plug, and I am just using the overflow on the radiator. The radiator cap is the one that is pressurizing my cooling system and it is working great.
That is exactly how mine is plumbed. I will do just as you have done. Doesn't seem to puke fluid from that cap anyways. Even though it's two pounds lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts