Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good frame setup for a 6'2" 200+ guy like myself? I currently have a Gary Fisher Joshua F4 but, am planning on selling it and putting a bike together from various parts. I'm not much of a down hiller but, like to cruise, climb and whatever. Redding area has some great trails to ride on. Thanks, Mike

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
I have a Santa Cruz Superlightlight and I like it a lot! I'm about 6'3 190lbs.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vova: Thanks for the reply, do know anything about Titus frames? Didn't you buy your frame from a guy off of this board? I'm hoping to get under the 200 lb range soon. I'm actually a long distance runner but since I turned 40 I can't lose weight to save my life.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
just like in our trucks its about tuning spring rates , air pressure and\or oil viscosity. Its been a few years now since I've seen a dual susp. frame that didn't work. Most, if not all are made from VERY lightweight alluminum and for a big guy that means you are going to break bikes in the longrun. D.H. or not. - my 02.

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
mikecj5cj8 said:
Vova: Thanks for the reply, do know anything about Titus frames? Didn't you buy your frame from a guy off of this board? I'm hoping to get under the 200 lb range soon. I'm actually a long distance runner but since I turned 40 I can't lose weight to save my life.
I don't. You should look on MTBR.com reviews for more info.
Yea, I got the frome from Monte. I love that bike!

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vova: Is your frame a XL or Large? There's a Superlight on the MTB board that is a Large. Santa Cruz's website lists 6'2" as the last height to fit that size. Thanks

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
mikecj5cj8 said:
Vova: Is your frame a XL or Large? There's a Superlight on the MTB board that is a Large. Santa Cruz's website lists 6'2" as the last height to fit that size. Thanks
Mine is an XL. If you are 6'2" I would look for an XL too.

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
plug ugly said:
I know this is an old post, but
I spent the money and got one the the new RM ETS-x bikes. my first full susser, but I love it. Actually, I can't say enough good things about it. Really made riding fun again.
lets see a pic :D

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Kyron said:
I thought those superlights were for light guys like under 180?
The name is refering to the frame, not the rider :flipoff2:
Since I've been riding and exercising again, I'm coming in at a slim 188 lbs :D:D:D

·
Registered
311 Posts
A great bike for a bigger all around rider is a specialized enduro. They have them at several price points, and weights. The frame is super beefy, have yet to see one break. They get about 5 inches of travel.

·
Trailer Park Boy
18,656 Posts
on the topic of setups for big guys..

any suggestions on a 200-250 dollar fork for a 6'1 210lb guy?

200-250 new so i could get one for around 150 used..

Thanks.

Oh, and something with nice travel

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know its maybe not up to your guyz'z caliber, but for what its worth I recently got a Kona kahuna deluxe. I weigh 320 :)eek: holy fatness:D) and have to air up the shocks most of the way, but it seems quite solid under my pretty heavy use (heavy 'cause Im heavy). I just started getting serious about riding and of course losing some weight, so spending some dough on the Kona (a killer deal anyhow) has been well worth it. I have noticed that everybdy here has santa cruz and marin fs bikes, though.

chris

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Spawn_X said:
on the topic of setups for big guys..

any suggestions on a 200-250 dollar fork for a 6'1 210lb guy?

200-250 new so i could get one for around 150 used..

Thanks.

Oh, and something with nice travel
You should be able to find a last years marzochi mxr or equivalent from the internet for under 200 bucks IIRC. They are a very nice fork, and plenty strong. I ride one and am 220.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm 5'11 & 200lbs. Ive got the Kona Kuhuna stock except for hayes disks and I love it climbs good decends fast and has held up to 2-3 foot drops no problem. Go Kona

Also any one have a P3 for sale cheap? I want a freeride jump bike thanx chuck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts