Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i´m just going to do my homework, i´ve got the money but not the time,

14 ff Rear 4:56, detroit
Dana 60 4:56 ARB
Dual Marlin 21 splines
4.3 Vortec

I speak with Marlin and he told me that to 42 swampers´i must go 23 splines input shaft and 4.7 rear t case, if not i´m gonna blow the d-t case.

What you think is cheapest than go with lower R&P,
You think the 21 splines hold up
You prefer 39.5x15 Swampers

Ideas, choices, if Marlin`s wright i will go Dual Ultimate Marlin

First in South America

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
xtoys said:
...............´i must go 23 splines input shaft and 4.7 rear t case, if not i´m gonna blow the d-t case.

Pretty sure he said, if you go 4.7's that they must go in the rear case, and be 23 spline if you go with some 4.7's in a dual.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
If I every get my junk together I will be sure to let you know how a 21 spline dual setup holds up to propane powered 350 and 42's :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I´ve got know 39.5 boggers and no problem at all, not to hard core becuase i blow the axles, but the difference is that

i used 5.38 R&P , i think with 4.56 the force go to the output shaft and the driveline

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i have a 4.3 that puts out about 200hp and another 100hp NOS setup and run 38.5 tires. i beat the living crap out of it and have not failed a input shaft. i think the output shaft will fail first. i am installing the all pro out put shaft just in case.

the 23 spline input would be nice if you have it. but i would not call it a must.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It will break eventually, same setup sort of 70R 4.56 42 and healthy 350/NV4500. However there is hope b/c I did this stop light racing not on the trail. Sheared the input, bent both rear main leafs, bent frame crossmember and eventually tore the center out of the clutch disc. Now I have a 23 spline and no more peeling out with 42's. I think half of the reason for carnage was the detroit, it has a lot of slop in it, I am not happy with its performance. Anyway bottom line, it will hold up to an extent, just don't be stupid with it, but it might be easier and less time spent in the driveway if you start with the 23 spline.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i´m gonna go bullet proof,
39.5 swampers with 23 splines, 4.7 and then look what happens,

then output shaft from all pro, for know i think go xtreme with 42 need´s at least 5.13 R&P, i think i´m gonna run some TSl front and rear Boggers, see what happend,

The first thing is going hardcore without waiting for the clack of the front axle

:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts