Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k here is my dillema. I've got a 79 Toy 4x4.I just had my 4spd rebuilt by marlin last christmas. I want to run Dual cases but I think I have to have a newer 5spd trans and transfer correct.? I don't necesarily want to replace my 4 spd, because it is holding up really well. Is there any way to do this? I was thinking about just putting the 4to1 gear set in it. Then when I do get around to buying the 5spd I could put the 4-1 case in the rear. will this work? My other question is that I was thinking of replacing my crossmember with Allpro's dual cross member. Does anyone know if I can use this crossmember with a single t-case attached for the time being? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,990 Posts
Yes, you can use the All Pro crossmember with just a single case.

I just mated an early 4 spd case to a 5 speed so I would guess it would work with your 4 spd. Call Jay at All Pro for the low down. He really knows his sh!t!

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
it will all work fine, the only difference between teh early 4sp cases and the later 5sp cases beside teh carbed shift forks is teh input shaft splines, and it was discussed a week or so ago that you just grind the extras down if you use the 4sp case as teh rear case... the AP crossmember works fine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts