Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take to run a th400/sm465/205 or however it's setup? I understand the concept but how do you make it all work? Two trannys would provide a lot of gear combinations. I've seen a couple guys in TTC with them but need some answers.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
I have a post in General somewhere about how I built a 700r4/sm465 setup and my new sm465/sm465.

I'll see if I can find it, if you have any questions just ask.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
COOL!!! You have a place that can make the shafts?? I was thinking 400/465 as I stated but not sure yet. I hate auto's but they do have their up's.

Do you get much slip from the auto? That's why I don't like them.

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
I had them lathed to an interferance fit and TIG welded. I beat on it for a while and now that the shafts out it shows no signs of wear. I figured if it ever broke I'd have a one piece shaft made.

With the auto/man I shifted the man like a crawl box(in neutral), now the clutch allows me to shift either.

As for slip in the auto, I wish it had more........I would have kept it except that at idle it would rip the motor mounts out when you hit the brakes, and twist a D44 stub in half. It still went into OD on the hiway with the man in 4th, and drove normal, but I really would put a high stall converter in if you're going this route/.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like what I need. Where can I get a shaft to adapt a 400 to my 465? What would it cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You can't "GET" one. You have to make it yourself, as he did, or commission someone else to make one for you,

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can't "GET" one. You have to make it yourself, as he did, or commission someone else to make one for you,
I was refering to who I could have make me one?
I don't care to fab one up. Imput shafts I prefer to have machined out of one piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.