Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jeep Applications: Yes

There were "Dually" type dana 44 fronts with budd big-6 lug pattern used in Jeep FC-170 DRW Cab-over trucks. (I have personally seen this, small-ball closed knuckle, 260x Joints). These were also used in the highest GVW J-trucks at some point in time. As far as dodge applications, none that i know of.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I have heard people claim that there are Chevy K30's running around made before the commonly accepted late '76/early '77 date, and that they have DRW D44's. I kinda wonder why no one has ever seen one?

Did you look at the axles apart, or were they just trucks you saw scouting for 60's? My guess is someone yanked the '60, and 44'ed it with some wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
I think i know where there is one of these back home just sitting in a local guys old shop yard, haven't actually hone and looked at it but owner says its a factory diff out of an old chev one ton, anyway from the quick look over i gave it was that its a balljoint front end with all the proper gactory spacers and wheels, but thats as far as i went cause i don't have use for chev stuff. I see if i can't snap a picture or two of it this weekend when i go back home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts