Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dual Batt setups, what kind of batts? isolator?

i was going to run a optima yellow top, but that didn't work out, it was suggested that i rather run a duel batt set up, probably some energizers from walmart, what kind of CCA batts do i want since there will be 2 of them?
also i was told to just get 2 same batts at the same time and run them in parallel, and no isolator or nothing else is needed, is this true, any one have pics of your set ups?
any help would be appreciated,

also the application is winching, starting(in fricking cold up here...it was -50*C yesterday), KC lights, sterio...

thanks again! :beer:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I just run mine in parralel, and forget about it. If im going to let the truck sit for a while I disconnect it, but that goes for both single and dual batt setups. Do diesel trucks use isolators??? Im not thinking so.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just made a few calls and a guy mentioned that i can just run a slolniod between the 2 + terminals, and that will allow the aux bat to be the batt that the winch pulls from, but i want to know how i can hook them up so that both batts supply power when starting... :confused:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Keith said:
buy one of these, and do it right.....www.hellroaring.com./bic75300.htm
You gotta be careful with isolators - most (I didn't read all the stats on this one :flippoff2: ) create a drop in voltage from the input to the output ie. 14.5 Volts in from the alternator to the isolator - 13.5 volts out to the batteries. ALSO - make sure you get one rated for the amperage of your alternator - I did read the stats on the first isolator on this site and it was only rated for 75 amps coninuous and 150 amps for a short term.... (But labeled a 150AMP isolator :rolleyes: )

Anyway - I run an isolator and it's great - I can jump start myself! And it works fine in cold weather -10 this morning and my Scout started right up (realitively speaking of course :D )

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i just run the solonoid between the 2 will i run a deep cycle battery as my second batt?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm setting up to run a pair of Group 31's, and the Mad River isolator.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am using a constant duty solenoid between my batteries I have an internal toggle switch that allows me to run both at once or seperate. You can get these at most RV shops for a round 25.00-30.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts