Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how much weight i could put on the fiberglass top before it starts to break, 60 lbs? anyone have a roof rack on theirs?:confused: i wanna carry my canoe, and maybe some other things. thanks

·
Banned
5,353 Posts
I suggest a bike / cargo/ whatever rack it uses the rain guards for support and usually hold about 200 lbs no stress, I personally can stand on mine but I also only weight 140 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
882 Posts
There are short rain guards over the sliding windows.
If you want them toward the rear, you have to install
your own.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You can definatly have a canoe on your runner top. I have put a couple hundred pounds on mine a few times. You can just use a regular Confer rack and drill holes into the top and just bolt it in., or get some sort of yakima racks.

Dave

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wiegh 215lbs and i have walked on my 88's roof......with minimal creeking sounds, imo the roof can hold quite a bit of wieght spread out
a canoe would be no problem i carried mine and used tule racks mounted on the rain gutters
I have also used the top to move furniture and boxes with a full size mattreses tied on top of everything with no problems
the runner top is pretty stout GFI;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
wish io could put my 325 lb butt on my roof:)

·
Registered
882 Posts
OOP'S said:
Hell Erik B uses his to haul outhouses and go through the soup bowl!!!! Someday I am going to get him to poop in the woods!!!!!!:D
Speaking of which, doesn't he ever take that thing off ? :confused:
Even in summer, he keeps it on. :rolleyes:
Must be using it to haul his personal outhouse everywhere :D :D ;) ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts