Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question not sure where to ask about gmsr and ham. What would be better to install in the jeep. I see some jeep group want gmsr. I think its more common in side by sides. I thought ham was more common in full sized. Also cansome one with a Ham radio licenses use GMSR radios or is it separate. Should I get both?

·
Registered
156 Posts
GMRS works well and the license is just a application and a fee, no test requirements. The Rugged Radio’s and similar Baofeng’s use the GMRS channels.

The ham license and the GMRS license are mutually exclusive. You need the license for whatever channels you plan to transmit on...at least that’s my understanding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMRS works well and the license is just a application and a fee, no test requirements. The Rugged Radio’s and similar Baofeng’s use the GMRS channels.

The ham license and the GMRS license are mutually exclusive. You need the license for whatever channels you plan to transmit on...at least that’s my understanding
I think I’m gonna run a gmrs it seems like it’s a little less of a barrier of entry. I’ll eventually do both

1 - 3 of 3 Posts