404 portal 9" rear with spidertrax 3.07
5.3 to 4l60e to atlas
I want the wheelbase around 118" and belly around 20"

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rolled axles under the chassis to see how much I would need to cut out from the lower frame and looks to be good. I'm going to stretch the rear of the chassis about 12 inches. I have the motor tacked in its pushed to passenger side about 3" to clear the diff. I'm waiting to get the new Ruffstuff front so I can start to mount the links and motor for real

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up taking a couple steps back to make everything easier, chopped out the front of the frame and bent it to the outside of the sliders. That help push the upper links out at the frame for more triangulation. I got right of the inner frame that was plumbing for the rear radiato, I might add more tubing if I have to run a rear radiator.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Branik is going to respline the stock shafts or you can get aftermarket 4340 ones for $495 a shaft
By the way patooyee thanks for the head mount plates for the motor they are great and shipped them out really fast.��

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got some hooker block huggers headers they look like they will work good. The driver side will go under the oil pan to the passenger side and then back and out from there. Also started to get the rear mocked up, moved the rear of frame back 10" for more room for storage, cooler and junk. I really don't want to run a rear radiator if i don't have to so I'm looking for the smallest radiator for a v8 hopefully 26x19 will be enough cooling.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Is your lower link mounted 6-8" above the axle centerline?
That is his upper link.....but I don't see that setup having much for body roll control without relying heavily on a big sway bar

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
with portal the uppers will be 5-6 inches into the floor and the fuel cell will have to be a lot higher. with the uppers mount outside the frame everything fits better, i plan on running a swaybar as wide as i can

1 - 20 of 38 Posts