Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rocker panels on my pickup have been abused by rocks for about 7 years now. So, there are little chips and rust pits everywhere. I started grinding the rust away with the dremel and filling with touch up paint, but there are too many.

I want to coat them with por-15 to stop the rust, and then cover it with durabak diy bedliner stuff. Will the por-15 stop the rust from creeping under the durabak?

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,983 Posts
The rocker panels on my pickup have been abused by rocks for about 7 years now. So, there are little chips and rust pits everywhere. I started grinding the rust away with the dremel and filling with touch up paint, but there are too many.

I want to coat them with por-15 to stop the rust, and then cover it with durabak diy bedliner stuff. Will the por-15 stop the rust from creeping under the durabak?
Only if the POR-15 is on both sides of bare steel. Otherwise the rust will still spread.

It might help (work better than regular paint) since it is some tough stuff, but it won't stop rust if used over regular paint.

http://www.por15.com/faq.asp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts