Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with leaving truck & trailer parked overnight at the Dusy trailhead Parking lot? I'm talking the Courtright side.

Also, has anyone camped at Trapper Springs at Courtright? And if so, will they hassle you for driving green sticker vehicles from there to the Dusy trailhead?

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Last year I spent a week up there and left my truck & trailer at the trailhead on the Courtright side with zero issues. In fact there were 8 or 9 of us that did so with no issue. It is a little narrow road getting down there across the dam and whatnot, but no biggie.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Generally there is alot less traffic way up there near courtright res, so your stuff will be safe. I have never had a problem over the past 10 years or so, go there 2-3 times a summer or more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about trailer parking on the Kaiser side? or in the Shaver area. Shaver would avoid a long backtrack. I searched the posts and saw that Sierra Marine at Shaver may provide parking, but I called them this week and they had no more room for any more vehicles in their yard.
Does anyone have any other ideas for tow rig/trailer parking around Shaver or Huntington? Has anyone tried using the camping spots along Dinkey Creek Road. Are they safe?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Dcon, there was some information in these threads (sorry don't remember which one) that dealt with parking at the 76 station in Shaver lake.

It's secure parking about the midpoint between the two trailheads. Granted if your vehicle is green stickered it wouldn't help much as it's close to an hour drive either way

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone? We are going next week. THANKS!

bump

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dcon, there was some information in these threads (sorry don't remember which one) that dealt with parking at the 76 station in Shaver lake.

It's secure parking about the midpoint between the two trailheads. Granted if your vehicle is green stickered it wouldn't help much as it's close to an hour drive either way
Thanks Microtus, I saw that too, but then someone said they dont do that anymore. I am thinking I will just leave the rig in the valley at a friend's place and take the drive up the hill. I just wanted to be close with the trailer in case of any mechanical problems. I am street legal. We are going to spend four days on the Dusy next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts