Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the ideal caster angle for a king pin dana 60? I did search and found around 4-8 deg.but none of them on a chevy.

I'm getting some death wobble on my blazer. All my bolts are tight and bushing's in good shape, All new tre's and my caster is around 10 deg., Is that to much?

Also I'm still running the old push pull steering system. I know if I were running cross over it would most likely fix it, but it's not really in the budget.

So I'm kinda thinking it could be caster?

Any input would be great.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
What would be the ideal caster angle for a king pin dana 60? I did search and found around 4-8 deg.but none of them on a chevy.
The badge on the side of a truck doesn't mean you have to set it up any differently. 4-8 is a good number 99% of the time and is what I run. If everything is truly tight than it prety much has to be alignment or tire ballance.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Try 5-6 deg. That has worked every time for me. what tire size?

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Crossover steering is not going to fix death wobble problems. if anything it will be way more noticeable.

If you haven't checked the operational status (or lack thereof) of your kingpins and the preload, do so now.

Check wheel bearings for looseness, as well as your upper and lower kingpin cap bolts. Also check your steering box bolts and spring eye bolts and bushings.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Try 5-6 deg. That has worked every time for me. what tire size?
I'm running 38" sx's. I know they dont help the problem, but my 37" ssr's were unbalanced and rode fine with no death wobble.

Crossover steering is not going to fix death wobble problems. if anything it will be way more noticeable.

If you haven't checked the operational status (or lack thereof) of your kingpins and the preload, do so now.

Check wheel bearings for looseness, as well as your upper and lower kingpin cap bolts. Also check your steering box bolts and spring eye bolts and bushings.
The king pins have been fully rebuilt and I have even added a washer to each one. Wheel bearings are tight and just got repacked when I did the king pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts