Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am in need of some info. Recently bought a Dynatrac stage 2 and stage 3 kit for my 97 2500 series cummins powered truck. Question at hand is on the passenger side axle the seal dosent line up with the seat on the new solid axle. bought a seal installer tool from 4x4tools.com. and the seal misses by one inch or less. Any have any info or similar problem? As I have talked to dynatrac and got a replacement axle but It seems the same as the one in the truck. Contact for seal is 14 inches to 15 3/4 inches off of u-joint transition

HELP Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can't tell you on the Dynatrac kit, but on my EMS kit my one peice passenger axle came with a new seal that goes in the same place as the old factory CAD seal did (on the outboard side of the CAD). I did not have a special seal driver, so I used a 36mm socket and a crap load of extensions to "drive" the seal in place from the drivers side knuckle with the carrier and axles removed.

The seal part number EMS gave me for this new passenger seal is the same part number as the drivers side seal which is in the differential. Keeps things nice an simple.

Anyway, don't know on your Dynatrac, just thought they may be similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts