Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,351 Posts
DRM said:

Maybe you FAILED accounting classes, but you can't calculate TODAY's cost per mile by figuring in TOMORROW's resale price :p

All I said was add those mods into cost per mile - that cost being calculated as every $$$ you have spent on the truck for fuel, performance, or maintenance to date, then divide by the total number of miles you have driven to date.
I am and accountant and I'll tell you that you don't add modifications in when figuring out operating costs. They are a part of the asset cost, not a part of the cost of operating it.

Of course I know where you're taking this DRM. Another attempt to sway us all away from those damn expensive, smoke belching diesels.:flipoff2: Just had to bring true accounting terms into the debate since you brought it up.:D

· Registered
4,351 Posts
DRM said:
And no - it is not a way to sway anyone :p I just want to see honest comparisons for people to make their own mind up. I have nothing against PSD's - will probably own one sooner or later myself...
Oh I know. I was just messing with you since you brought accounting up and everybody has been arguing diesel vs gas with you for so long.;) I completely understand your cost comparison (even though it isn't standard accounting procedure). I honestly believe though that most people who really want the diesel will purchase one no matter what the additional cost is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.