Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
25,826 Posts
DRM said:
Add in the mods he made and re-calculate the COST PER MILE taking into account more than just fuel costs there buddy ;)
WRONG! Traded in my brothers 2001 RAM CTD with a 4 inch BD exhaust, Power Edge COMP 5x5 chip, EGT and boost gauges and the dealer gave me 85% of the total of the mods and added it to the trade in value. They knew a modded truck would sell better and it did. Sat on their lot for 3, yes THREE days. ;)

Not to mention almost every truck that gets chipped improved 2-3 mpg. I know his did.

BTW, I'm keeping all my fuel and mileage (plus towing weights) costs just for you David. I should be getting a chip, exhaust and filter in the next few months and will continue to record the data. :p

· Premium Member
25,826 Posts
DRM said:
Maybe you FAILED accounting classes, but you can't calculate TODAY's cost per mile by figuring in TOMORROW's resale price :p

All I said was add those mods into cost per mile - that cost being calculated as every $$$ you have spent on the truck for fuel, performance, or maintenance to date, then divide by the total number of miles you have driven to date. You can't figure in the re-sale price until the vehicle is sold... THEN it can be deducted from the total cost and the cost per mile re-calculated...

:p
That's pretty retarded IMO. The upgrades need to be considered part of the cost of the truck not monthy usage expenses. Gas, oil changes are spent and don't hold a value once used. Mods and upgrades go to total vehicle cost.

I don't see you factoring in payment anywhere, or if I wrote a check for it do I just have one really bad month per mile and then it's all gravy from there? :confused:

· Premium Member
25,826 Posts
eurobob said:
DSI, it took 10K for your mileage to go up? I heard it was about 5K. But since I've past that mark, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer... :mad:
Lots of factors involved. How much you have been towing, the motor you got(some are just tighter than others), the weight you tow (how hard your working the motor). My brothers truck was broke in at 3000 miles. But he tows 5500 pounds every day all day long.

· Premium Member
25,826 Posts
DRM said:
MattS shot me a link a few days ago to some guy with a new Dodge diesel who was getting like 7.3 avg. over a rather lengthy towing trip with a gooseneck and fullsize truck on the trailer... Ouch :eek:
I towed my 28 foot gooseneck (4850 #'s) with a 3800 # car on it 150 miles this weekend and got 13.6 mpg. But I'm only getting about 15.5 daily driving. But some people are getting in the low 20's with less miles that me. :mad: My buddy with a 2000 CTD with over 220,000 miles is getting 23 mpg on his daily commute to work. :confused:

I can't figure out why the number are all over the place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.