Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the northwest powerstroker's had there quarterly dyno run today, i managed to lay down a humble 303hp and 647ft/lb of tq at the rear wheels :D

withe 3.73 gears, 315/75/16 tires on winterblend fuel :D

i've got a 100hp diablo sport chip installed now, and towed a 72 chevy pickup about 60 miles with it in yesterday, and never had EGT reading's over 800, and that was burying my foot in it for extended times :D i know it's getting plenty of fuel, she blows enough black smoke to be in a james bond flick :D

i've got the VDH series computer and htey're know for running cooler than alot of others ;)

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KMAN said:
Are you still running the stock tranny?

Exhaust?
Airbox?

I like to see these real world numbers, thanx for the post.

Karl

exhaust is a 4in downpipe and 4in all the way back, no muffler, no cat (didn't come with it stock)

completly stock airbox with K&N drop in filter

Blue 84 yea, it's almost as much as a V10 has @ the flywheel... remember you'r only putting 225 or so on the ground ;)

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYRMAN said:
yup... Same as your V10, with twice the fuel milage under load!:flipoff2:

i get almost double what my V10 did now that i'm up around 30k on teh truck... but the first 10k i was pissed it didn't get any better than the V10!

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i buy ALL my fuel comercially unless it's just not possible to make it to a stop, so my milage is recorded on my monthly statment :D

i picked up 2 - 3 mpg with my first chip, and with this current one i've picked up closer to 5.5 and that's not driving it nice either :D i'm now averaging 18mpg mixed towing/freeway empty miles :D

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hmmm, my 01 V10 lariet auto cost me 29,490 brand new, my 02 PSD lariet auto cost me 35,450... i paid 5k more for the diesel, i've got a whopping $1100 into mods :rolleyes:

that put's me $6100 more roughly into the PSD, my monthly payment is $63 more on the PSD that the V10, over the 40k i put on the V10 and the 30k i have on the PSD, th PSD has gotten 6mpg better as an average than the V10.

changing hte oil on a gas motor DIY was around 15 bucks, the PSD is around 35 bucks, but the fact you change the PSD's oil less, and the fact diesel's cheaper, and get's better mileage, kinda put's it in a wash for me...

i definatly like the power of the diesel when towing alot better than the gas, but the gas was nicer to drive around town.

not to mention i got 3 ticket's in teh gas truck because it was RED and the diesel's grey 2tone... so if you look at it that way, ticket's vs mod's i'm even there too!

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
DRM said:

When I did the math for myself, generally anything over 25k a year makes the diesel a better choice.

And again - the odd thing is here in Mddle TN low grade gas and diesel are the same price - so no savings there.

I will say the V10 is WAY too much fun to drive, and you do tend to keep your foot in it (Sounds like a modded PSD is about the same way ;)

7 1/2 months, and 30k on the clock...

the V10's stock exhaust around 4k and a straight piped PSD around 2k sound fairly close as far as the growl, but the diesel is a hell of alot louder :D

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
DRM said:

With 2 sleeping kids in the back seat - I will take quieter (guess I am just getting old :p )
actually in cab it's one of those rolling humm sounds, it almost put's me to sleep on long trips :(

and besides david, i think we figured out i'm older than you :p

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
InfantryYJ said:

Aww c'mon Davey,....just throw in a DVD, put the headphones on the kids, and let them watch Scooby Doo,.....oops,...I forgot,....you don't have a DVD in your truck:flipoff2: ;) :flipoff2:

i got the 7in flat screen... but no DVD player... the PS2 works damn good for that issue :D

· Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
InfantryYJ said:

Here you go,....a monitor for each kid:D

mine's on the dash, just to teh right of the radio, it blocks the heater vent, but oh well... these long ass trip's for comp's ya gotta have some entertainment...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.