Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a longer e-brake cables for my YJ, SOA, waggy d44, with the wheel base extended 2" in the rear. Anyone know of a cable from another make/model that will work?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i was able to use my existing ones when i went to XJ springs on my old YJ. I just rerouted them and tweaked the brackets and hangers that hole the e-brake cables. maybe this will work for you as well. Hillbilly

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I may be able to reroute the passenger side but the driver side won't reach even just sitting still. With flex I think it'll need to be ~8 inches longer

·
Registered
306 Posts
I used one of the original ones and one from a mid eighties dodge pickup. I still had to make a little spacer for it where the two join at the main cable.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
One should be longer then the other, use two of those. I have a CJ that was SOA on waggys, and ended up using 2 pass sides. I have a YJ sitting there too, but its stock, haven't looked so Im not sure it it will work, but you might see if it could.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hiapo said:
UMMM....... how about the ones from an XJ.

waggys don't run long side spring forward and have 6" lift from a spring over :flipoff2:

Think about what you are suggesting before you post

·
Registered
145 Posts
I am running two passenger side stock cables on my YJ with a 14bolt. I actually have them hooked up to cadi disc calipers, they are pretty versital.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
lmagee said:
waggys don't run long side spring forward and have 6" lift from a spring over :flipoff2:

But they are a lot longer than a YJ.

I have 7.5" of lift and they work fine for me thanks.

Shit the long side one off the YJ will work on the driver side, then get the pass side off of the XJ and put it on the pass side of the YJ.

·
11,307 Posts
lmagee said:

?? XJ's are longer, so they may work. I am going through something similar, have to adapt mine for the 14 bolt. I may do it similar to a TJ, on the rear center of tub, so just need to rig things up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts