Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
When I had to find a wierd o-ring for a p/s pump I was resealing I went to a local shop that services heavy equipment, they told me about a local o-ring vendor. They were able to match it up very easily.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i got it back together and working properly.

the magnets on the armature came unglued from the housing. i did teh suggested super glue fix and it seems to be fine.

i found a good source for o rings , napa. my local napa had thousands of different sized o rings. what i dont get is why the hell toyota cant get replacement parts? i think the guys here are just retarded. :shaking:

im gonna call some other dealers.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Subscribing as I need to do this.

·
Registered
792 Posts
this thread = ftw

Im going to have to pull the rear on mine too, but the front was way fubar...

Loose magnet too. Has anyone else use CA glue like socalwheeler71 recomended ? I used to replace RC car motors when the magnets detached so i've not tried this.

·
Registered
376 Posts
anyone ever got an elocker to seal up?

Seems preventing it form happening again is important. I dont want to do this on a regular basis.

Good tech here. Thanks.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
anyone ever got an elocker to seal up?

Seems preventing it form happening again is important. I dont want to do this on a regular basis.

Good tech here. Thanks.
use dielectric silicon greese
it never dries out & is made for electrical contacts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Im going to use a very very thin layer of hondabond inside the oring slot. I use this almost religously.

I cant speak for everyone, but mine was leaking thru the vent line. The rubber connector sleeve was dryrot, letting water in.

·
Registered
15,357 Posts
anyone come out with a cable conversion since downey went out of business? searched but couldnt find anything, found quite a few write ups on how to build it yourself, my time is expensive though id rather purchase one to bolt up but will build one if i have to.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks to the OP for making this thread. My front E-locker quit working about a year ago and was sticky before that. I opened it up today to find a rusty mess filled with rusty powder and no lube. It was totally seized up at the output. I could not even turn it by hand after disassembly. I also found the collar that holds the output gear was broken off were the O-ring indention is. The large O-ring was also trashed. I went to my local Toyota dealer to buy the greese mentioned on the 1st page. They wanted $66 for that little can (F that I used some Dielectric greese instead) I also asked about that large O-ring and they could not find a part number. The only part number they could find was for the entire actuator. I asked how much they charged for the whole thing :eek:$1099.00:eek::shaking:. At that point I walked out of the dealership LAUGHING OUT LOUD! I decided to forget the large O-ring and just used some gasket maker instead after stopping at a local transmission shop and parts place with no luck.. I also got some JB-Weld to fix the broken housing. It all worked out great in the end and now my e-locker works again!:D

·
Premium Member
15,253 Posts
Something to add to this is that the e-locker position sensor is identical to the reverse sensor in the 1994 manual transmission pickup. Which is good to know since there is virtually no way to look up the sensor based on the diff. information. It's like $25.00

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Something to add to this is that the e-locker position sensor is identical to the reverse sensor in the 1994 manual transmission pickup. Which is good to know since there is virtually no way to look up the sensor based on the diff. information. It's like $25.00
I was actually just wondering where the hell I could find one, since one of the thirds I just bought has that missing..

Good to know.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Mine is the reverse light switch off a Jeep ax15!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts