Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching and I know I can get An e-locker to work in a regular 8" housing with some work. but If I just swap in the whole Differential or even the whole axle Would that just be simpler? I saw another guy doing it But He didn't say If he Finished and everyone was getting on him for Swaping axles out of a truck he was selling. Hope to get some insight. thanks in anvance. Also Is it strong enough I will be using it with a built 22rte and turbo transmission. an I have heard the Diffs are weaker I saw a guy beefing His up at this POST
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364380&highlight=e-locker+install
BUT i WASN'T SURE iF IT WAS a TAcoma axle or older?

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Yes you can swap it but what you will find is the E-lockers axles are wider in most cases so you have even more width to make up for on the front if you are trying to keep the track the same but retain a 85 and older front axle.

The front if you plan to swap a elock axle from a FJ80 you will have a problem with centering it. The perch will want to be in the same space the actuator is. You will have to widen the spring spacing.

This stuff is in the FAQ but you have to pay attention for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts