Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out last night playing in the snow. Going up a easy dirt road and lost all forward gears. Tranny fluid looked fine, no leaks or smoke. Ended up driving 15 miles in reverse back to the shop. Anyone ever had this happen? I broke a rod in a manual but never in an auto. Any ideas before i drop this thing for the third time in 4 months:mad:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do a pressure check and check codes before ya pull anything,it can tell ya alot.

At idle,
P.55-65
R.75-99
N.55-65
D.55-65
2.55-65
1.75-99

My guess is that yer gonna end up pullin it but if you could tell me if you get any codes and what the pressures are I can prolly tell ya what yer looking at :D

Also,what was wrong with it the previous times you pulled it?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
WHat's up man? Sorry to hear about the tranny, but I'm pulling mine right now to sell if you're interested. I'll PM ya also.
Rob

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last time I pulled it the problem was the torque convertor seal which was replaced. This time it seem that when I shift it into D or any forward gear, there it no change in engine sound or RPM's. Like the tranny is not even trying to go into those gears. I was so frustrated at it this weekend that i just took a break. I am thinking that there may be a problem with the linkage or something. I plan on digging into it this evening so I will probaly know more tomorrow or the next day.

Broncorob- Screw these damn E40D's. If the problem is the tranny itself then the search for a ZF5 is on. But I will keep yours in mind. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts