Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find anything that match the prob. I'm having with my tranny. When driving around 30 and 40 mph it seems as if the tranny is surging. I don't know anything about transmissions. I thought it was the fuel pump going out so I replaced it and it still does the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hard to say what it could be, but there is a chance it could be the speed sensor on the x-case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the speed sensor be checked with anything? Also is it something I change out myself?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
easy the change. Dont really know how to check it. Tranny shop told me that was my problem, and i changed it in 10 seconds. My tranny was shifting hard and that was why. Dont know if it could cause that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am the E4OD electronics expert!

What year truck tranny application do you have?

If your speedo works on your dash, the signal is making down the chain to the computer no problem...

That was one of the obstacles to overcome when I swapped in an E4OD into my B2 w/o a speed sensor! :eek:

Adam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a in a '95 with a 351W. I pulled the codes and nothing to with the tranny came up. When I said it was surging its not doing to so bad that I can't drive it. It's just enough to know something isn't right.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
If you are 100k+ get ready, she is probaly going south. My last 2
e40ds went 101k and 107k. 93 F150 & 94 Bronco. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts