Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
perfection in plasma
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have had an offer made to me to pick up a realy cherry early 80's (eihter 81 or 82) mini truck. body is in great shape only found 1 ity bity spot of rust under the bed........ thing has a bad motor and my friend wants rid of it. at frist i didnt want it but...... if i can put in a 98' vortec 4.3 and automatic then........ ill go ahead and take it. as i was going to build something and toss in the motor and tranny from my 98' zr2 blazer (rolled over) to make a nice compact daily driver that got remotly good milage. would the 4.3 and 4L60e fit in a early 80's mini truck w/ out having to sit in the bed?

thanks.....

·
perfection in plasma
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i searched and found info on guys doing all kinds of stuff w/ this truck/motor combo but no real yes it fits w/ out rebuilding the wrold try answer....... was hoping for a quick easy anser........ im having issues w/ my other project ...(72' fj-40) my v8 swap, automatic, tcase are ended up so far back ill prob have a 12" rear drive shaft...... so i was hoping to find out quick and easy if id be looking at basicly the same problem again or what ever befor i even take on the truck........

thanks for the heads up........ kindness is hard to come by ... even harder to find when cryber crawling!......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts