Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow forum users i know this subject has most likely been beat like a dead horse but there so not enough specific info that suits my set up so, a little back story i am going with 1 ton axles off my 1977 f250 highboy which is a 79 dana 60 and a 14 bolt, truck is getting parted out, anyways so i want to keep the 3.5 stock style coil springs and 3 link the front, is that at all possible ? thought about using Off-Road Fabrication Parts - RuffStuff Specialties any help would be greatly appreciated, i am willing to consider other ideas as well.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Kind of a vauge question, but yes you can 3 link an EB with those axles and ruff stuff sells a lot of brackets to make it easy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is but I just haven't seen to many early broncos linked that kept the stock style coils springs instead they have used coil overs which I dont have the budget for, and it seems its not that easy to do? I was just looking for any help

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Its harder than it sounds, but instead of where they have put C/O's, you put your top and bottom spring buckets & coil springs, double check your clearances, and you are good. Ruffstuff should have everything you need for that as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@dan90fsb thank you i checked out the build awesome truck i am gathering all the info i can so i can do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
A problem you'll likely run into is getting the track bar long enough to avoid bump steer. The steering box mounts outside the frame on the drivers side and with the full width axle the drag link ends up being quite long. Accordingly, the track bar must be long. Problem is the coil spring is large so it sticks out past either end of the axle tube and ends up occupying the space where the track bar would ideally be. It'll probably all make sense when you start laying things out. Point is, expect to spend some time trying to figure out how to get the drag link long enough and you may have to get creative with some bracketry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts