Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between the early Dodge 241 (~’88-’93 passenger drop, fixed yoke) and the early Chevy 241 (’89 passenger drop, slip yoke, cable speedo)? I have the opportunity to pick up the Dodge case for cheap/free, and am wondering how hard it would be to mix and match parts to make a fixed yoke 241 Chevy. (I currently run the ’89 Chevy case.)

I have also heard that the Dodge case is clocked higher than the Chevy case. If this is true, could the Chevy input shaft be swapped into the Dodge case, for better clearance? (No, the Chevy adapter cannot be redrilled to clock the case higher.)

Also, it it possible to grind and extra detent into the sector (on either case) to allow for 2-Low? I seem to recall that it could be done to a 208-C, but I never tried it when I had mine.

Pete

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Straight out would be nice, I'd just need to do a cut'n'turn on the front axle, and notch the floor. As for the strut rod, I haven't run one for several years, so I'm not really concerned. I know on some Dodge 208s you can use the rear half of the Dodge case, and the front half of the Chevy, wonder if that would work out on the 241?

Pete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts