Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did an engine swap on my 87YJ and everything runs well but I want to doublecheck my vacuums. I'm not so good at reading the chart but figure that if there is someone who has an 87-88 YJ with a stock 4.2 6 banger and manual trans who would let me look at their vacuum pattern I would apreciate it, I just want to compare how I am hooked up to another one. I'm in San Rafael, can anyone help?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just replaced the engine in my 89 YJ. I used the diagram in a manual and the sticker on the underside of the hood. It took a few hours the first time and was a PITA but I got all the hoses where they belong. I'm still working on getting it smogged, I got a pretest. It would have been a gross polluter cause of the EGR valve. Check everything twice before hitting the smog station.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just replaced the engine in my 89 YJ. I used the diagram in a manual and the sticker on the underside of the hood. It took a few hours the first time and was a PITA but I got all the hoses where they belong. I'm still working on getting it smogged, I got a pretest. It would have been a gross polluter cause of the EGR valve. Check everything twice before hitting the smog station. Your welcome to check out my routing of hoses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts