Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to buy the steel and start the cage for my never ending FJ project.

Planning on 2.00x.120 wall DOM.

Can anyone turn me on to good suppliers in the southeastern VA (Norfolk/Richmond) or northeastern NC area? I guess Delaware, Maryland, and Jersey too since I drive up that way often.

Also, If anyone has bought sticks of DOM recently, what am I looking at paying (if not local let me know where you're at)?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I use a guy out of Powhatan Va. Roll Cage Components, LLC Jimmy Whitley 1.877.598.4200. Tell him Rob from Patrick sent you.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch.

Any others?

I'll make some calls tomorrow and post up the results for everyone's benefit.

Thanks again!
CK

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the hopes of helping other middle of the east coasters out, here is what I came up with:

BMG metals in Norfolk, 757-487-1963. No round tubing.

Roll Cage Components, Powhaten VA 877-598-4200. Very helpful. Everything is special order- he's checking price and availability and will call back "in a day or two".

Benco Steel, Hickory NC 828-328-1714 www.bencosteel.com . Looks like they have the sizing. Not sure if it's DOM or ERW. Too far from me (340mi) to warrant a phone call.

Ryerson, Richmond VA & many other locations nationwide. 804-222-8855 www.ryerson.com Don't stock 2 inch DOM at the Richmond location, five 24 foot sticks of 2 inch x.120 ERW is $3.95/ft (as of 7/24/08). 1.75x.120 DOM is available in 17-24 foot sticks at about $6/foot. Pricing gets cheaper the more you order. If you don't have an account you must prepay and pickup. No special orders without an account. Must be a business to open an account and it takes several days for the paperwork to be processed.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Matt at Independent 4X in Richmond buys alot of DOM from BMG and keeps it in stock. You might give him a shout and see what he can do for ya. His shop # is 804-550-0480

Sean

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Call Pat Sullivan at EMJ Metals in Langhorne, PA--215-949-2850. I just ordered more 1.75x.125" DOM today and the price was lower than those listed above.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt at Independent 4X in Richmond buys alot of DOM from BMG and keeps it in stock. You might give him a shout and see what he can do for ya. His shop # is 804-550-0480

Sean
That's funny I called BMG and they said they don't stock round. I'll give you're boy at independent a shout tomorrow and see what he can do.

Jimmy at roll cage components turned out to be a real help. He was able to track down some 87 ft of 2.00x.120 wall for me at $5.52 a foot delivered to a business addy. Still alot of coin but he was super helpful.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I have been getting my tubing from Ryerson as of late as they seem to have the cheapest price on DOM

You can also try Alro steel, or TW metals.. if you need small quantities try "carwash" here on the forum.. some of his tubing prices werent that bad, especially if you are ordering in small quanities

·
Master Apprentice
1,896 Posts
mcnight tube and pipe in ivyland,pa

Friend got 400' of 1.75x.120 wall DOM for 2.90 ft last time

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That's funny I called BMG and they said they don't stock round. I'll give you're boy at independent a shout tomorrow and see what he can do.
You're right. BMG doesn't keep it in stock. Matt orders it on a regular basis and when it comes in they deliver it to his shop as he uses quite a bit of it so he tries to keep it in stock.

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts