Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any East coast Ftoys gonna be ready for the 2nd Spartanburg comp on 11/10? Superpile? Paul in #09? I'm very likely going to be there and maybe bring along one of those gay Ftoy drivers from the West coast. It would be very cool to have 3 or 4 Ftoys there. From my memory this was a good course with all man made obstacles but nothing super hairy or death defying. Even if you're not comp legal come on out to play. Post up or pm me if you need anything or want more info.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
This in Spartanburg SC or another spartanburg? what series competition is it? I couldn't find it on the werock page.

If its in SC I will try to come hang out and watch. Mine wont be ready until jan 08.

·
Registered
909 Posts
:DYou sound lonely out there on the east coast. If I ever get orders out there I'll bring my FToy and play with you.:D

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
who's coming???? i am going to try and make it. i am dying to see how you east coasters wheel.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
May be competing in the samurai or spotting for a friend in a willys. If not I can spot for anyone who needs it. I am busting hard to get the ftoy ready, but it is not very likely.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
More info. This will be a Carolina Crawlin event run on WE Rock rules. If we get enough (4 or 5) rigs we will be run in our own class and possibly get our own courses. Entry fees are $75 for Mod and Unlimited but only $20 for Street class with 75% payback. I'll have to find out where we'd be. Check this link for more info http://www.carolinacrawlin.com/eventinfo.htm

Just found out the Nov. 10 event is still "tentative". I'll post up more info when I get it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I am getting close. Probably no way to make that Spartanburg deadline.
Are you coming anyway? I plan on attending. Are you aware of the event Oct 27? Or is Nov 10 replacing this event?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fixed it for you. Now everyone will know who your talking about.
Over on the TB.org board there have been all kinds of FToyers coming out? I thought they were all gay. My bad.:homer:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I talked to the Caroline Crawlin guys on Friday and they said it will depend on turnout at the 10/27 event. I think they're worried that a lot of teams will be tearing down their rigs after 10/27 and won't come back. He said he will post up their decision asap. If it happens we will be there. I know that's short notice but that's all we have. They did say that they have tentative plans for more events in 08 so the possibility of Ftoys running there a few times in 08 is very good. They are planning to finally spray the 4th? hill soon so that will make this facility even more attractive for comps.:D:D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Almost ready. Ran brake lines today. I have the entire week with family out of town and a lot of parts in inventory. Hope to achieve a lot this weekend.
Speaking of brakes. My plan is to bypass the load sensing brake valve under the bed. Is this OK? I am going to delete the return line to the front brakes and tie the mainline direcctly to the rear axle.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Almost ready. Ran brake lines today. I have the entire week with family out of town and a lot of parts in inventory. Hope to achieve a lot this weekend.
Speaking of brakes. My plan is to bypass the load sensing brake valve under the bed. Is this OK? I am going to delete the return line to the front brakes and tie the mainline direcctly to the rear axle.
Has worked fine for me. You going to have rear disc?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts