Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the wife and I sat down and did some 'calendaring' just now.

Looks like I have from the 7th through the 19th free. I will probably take several of those days before EJS and go to Page, AZ, and various points south of Moab, coming in from the South.

What days are y'all going to start showing up? I am going to try to have a tow-bar purchased and installed for the 80-inch so I can tow it there without worry.

I was just cur-e-us as to when you guys were going to show up for the madness. I'd love to be part of Rovers Gone Wild for sure.

You guys handing out t-shirts and stuff too??? :D

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Mike,

I will be there Sunday (13th) night, and plan on wheeling Mon-Thurs, then heading for a job interview in Grand Junction on Friday.

Billster

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FrankenRover said:
Mike,

I will be there Sunday (13th) night, and plan on wheeling Mon-Thurs, then heading for a job interview in Grand Junction on Friday.

Billster
Hmmmm........:D

Let me know how things progress!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm thinking of traveling on Sat (12th), and wheeling Sun through Tues. and heading home wed 16th...Unless other hard-cores I know will be wheeling before then...If so then I'll leave on thurs and stay through the 16th.

--D

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
FrankenRover said:
Mike,

Billster
This is also my gameplan for the next year or so. I really want to move to Grand junction! Hoping the economy picks up just enough in the next year for this to happen!

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Right now, we are looking at Grand Junction, Albuquerque, Greely CO, and Longemont CO. All have good Anesthesia jobs, and now it the time to take advantage of that.

Billster

ps. We are prolly going to move around the 1st of next year.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
For those that care, I will be staying at the Big Horn Lodge in Moab. As stated before, we will arrive on Sunday night and wheel through Thursday. My cell while I am up there will be 281-813-6647.

I went ahead and signed up for EJS runs in case everyone flakes and I am all alone up there with no place to go.

Billster

ps. Here are the runs:
Monday - Pritchett Canyon
Tues - Cliff Hanger
Wednesday - Poison Spider Mesa
Thursday - Behind the Rocks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Right now, we are looking at Grand Junction, Albuquerque, Greely CO, and Longemont CO. All have good Anesthesia jobs, and now it the time to take advantage of that.

Did you take a look at Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Or Denver??? It would be great to see you in Colorado!

Way

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
No jobs in the Springs, or FC, but Denver has alot of jobs. We just want to live in the country and out of the metroplex.

Billster

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I wouldn't consider Denver if you want to live in the country. Your only real choices are the Foothills and out east where it looks like Kansas. The foothills are terribly expensive and your commute would run 1 1/2 to and from work. And out east like Kansas, well let's just say there is a hell on earth! This is why I am set on Grand Junction, still not terribly expensive and you can get a little land to boot. Plus the people aren't as uptight there as here in Denver!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lived in Ft. Collins for about 7 years as a kid (moved when I was 11).

I have very fond memories of that city way back when. My dad taught at CSU (animal science) and we had a 30 acre ranch on the NE side of town. Probably overdeveloped and all tract houses now.

Anyway, Ft. Collins is still a pretty cool town even now I hear.

This is bordering on chit-chat now isn't it???

TECH: I'm going wheeling today. Hopefully I don't break anything.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
can we get a roll call on who and what days? I am trying to figure out what weekend to come out. I can only afford one day off.

Is everyone planning on the first weekend or the last and crazy weekend?

j

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I usually do the first weekend and then get out of town while the gettin's good.

I'm usually gone by Thurs. Friday.

I'm going to leave probably on the 10th or 11th from Vegas, go through Page, Monticello and Blanding coming up from the S. I'm probably going to camp either at Kane Creek, or on the East side overlooking the river somewhere.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Serious One said:
I lived in Ft. Collins for about 7 years as a kid (moved when I was 11).

Man do I miss Colorado Springs, I have have few regrets in life and moving from CO is at the top of the list!

Tis

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
As stated before:

Arrival on Sunday night, wheel on Mon-Thurs. Willing to run anything anybody wants, but have backup plans if you all flake and don't show up.

Billster

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
there has got to be more than 3 of us going!

Way?
LWG?

What up?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I didn't schedule any appointments for that week yet. I am planning on going with a bunch of my friends. Not sure my exact plans yet. Still have one fender to finish up (maybe 3 more hours into it). Also have the passenger side rear to finish (4 hours???) . Need to relocate my bump stops also. May need a day or two at the beginning of the week to finish it up. I will be there though.

Way

Here is my cell for those that are going to Moab.
719-648-2545

1 - 18 of 18 Posts