Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anything about "Larry Stigers Trucks and Equipment" in Frankfurt KY? I've been halfway shopping for diesels and in the AutoTrader here probably 40-50% of the listings are from this dealer. They claim to have over 450 trucks/vans/suvs in inventory. I'm just wondering if anybody has heard of or dealt with them. They seem to have a lot of good trucks and it's only about 3 hours drive from my house. Just want some background before I make a trip.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I went over to Stigers when i was truck shopping. He has great deals. A lot are fleet vehicles he gets at auction and are questionable.

He doesnt do financing for out of state people, cash, check or credit card. He will hold a truck for i think it was $500 for two days so you can go to your bank to get the $$$.

He has tons of diesels, but to get one with decent mileage, costs were similar to around here.

The ones he places in the Truck Trader are good deals, but they are beat to fawk in person.

Look very closely.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Are you looking for a diesel?

My dad keeps his eyes open for them.
Let me know, and I'll have him tell me about the good ones.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've noticed that, too. In the truck trader, just about every freakin Cummins is at his place. I just don't want to drive to Kentucky to look at a truck. Has anyone here actually bought from him?? Good or bad experiences?? Thanks:D

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I’ve talked to him/them several times on the phone, calling about specific trucks.
He always says:
“I already sold it” or “I doubt it will be here by the weekend” and for me to just come down and pick a truck out. He says he has so many that he’s sure I’ll find what I’m looking for, just come down and deal.
Most of his advertised prices are over book, but most dealers are.

Mossman,
My neighbor has a 94 F-250 diesel, pre-powerstroke, manual gear box, 4wd, 140k miles, very clean (probably just as clean as mine when I bought it). It’s a two tone white with copper. It’s loaded, and he’s asking $7500.

Let me know if you would want to look at it.
If I was in the market for a diesel, this is exactly the type of truck I would buy. Very clean from a wealthy older guy that just uses it to commute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts