Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
I just picked up my Eaton last night and tore it apart today. Its 63 WMS but need the wider version. This axle is an older one, guy claims it was from a 1954 chevy...So I assume its slide on drums are SRW hubs still interchangeable and if so would any jeep guys who want the narrower axle wanna swap hubs?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Traded my 4.10 for 5.14 I also have a 4.57 of anyone wants to trade for another 5.14

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yulee, Florida
Price: TRADE

I have an Eaton (HO72) 5.14 3rd member in my 1 ton Chevy. Would like to swap (buy?) for an Eaton HO52 / HO72 4.10 3rd member.

Open diff and the same is fine for the 4.10.

Thanks,
Larry W.
Ok guys, I started this thread, and actually joined here, so I could work out a swap for my 5.14 chunk and get a 4.10. Well that kinda happened. I eventually just sold my gears and went to a 14 bolt with 4.10's. The whole thing caught on and before long I was helping others do it too. We managed to set up quite a few swaps and some people even bought and sold. Again, I got nothing out of it except a good feeling. Well, I am knee deep in my own truck and trying to find parts and get it on the road. The list of people has gotten to be quite a bit to manage, so I am bowing out. That being said, I am going to reveal the "source of all these 5.14's" as someone here put it. LOL.

SO, if you still need to swap your 4.10's for 5.14's, just click over to this thread on the STOVEBOLT page and let them know what you have and what you want. Its in the "Tons of Fun" forum where all the 47-53 Chevy 1 Ton guys are. The "67-72 Chevy" web site also has a 47-53 area that is pretty good if you wanna try that one too, but I had more takers on Stovebolt.

HO52/72 4.10 swap | Tons 'o Fun | The Stovebolt Forums

So there it is. Secret revealed!!! The old one tons like mine mostly came with the gears you are looking for.

It has been fun, but just too much to keep track of for me now.

Thanks, and I will still watch the thread and respond if someone wants to ask me something.

I will be making a similar post over on Stovebolt, so they will know where to come if they are hunting 4.10's.

Larry W.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would like to buy or trade for a 4.10

I have a 4.56 in perfect shape still driving in my 49 Chevy 3600. Problem is I only drive it 45mph tops. Please reach out to me if you have a 4.10 HO52 3rd member in great shape.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need gearset HO52

Larry, I have read your posts all through out this thread and wow. I am hoping you still may have some info on where I can find either a 4.10 or 4.57 gear set for the ball bearing pinion. I see you are also working on a project and looking for similar gear sets. Is it possible to use either ring and pinion? Ball bearing vs. cone bearing? And also The pinion I currently have has some slight pitting on the end of the pinion that inserts into the inner bearing. It seems "ok" but makes me a little nervous. My pinion also had no crush sleeve or spacers inside and had quite a bit of noise when accelerating. I wonder if you have any info on how far the ball bearing gets pressed onto pinion and if there is supposed to be a washer or spacer between bearing and pinion, or even after the bearing. Lots of questions, any help is much appreciated. Mt grandfather new everything about these rear ends and unfortunately he has passed, he gave me this truck so I am trying to keep it as original as possible and build it with my kids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
anyone have a 4:1 gear set up for sale in good condition for an Ho52 ,i have a very nice 4:57 either swap or sell too

61 - 70 of 70 Posts