Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd share these pics of a cagemy dads dooin for one of his buddys.

can never have too many pics for the search. :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Apparently you are NOT expecting to have people sit in the back... unless they enjoy climbing over either a bar or the seat...

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JaxLax said:
Apparently you are NOT expecting to have people sit in the back... unless they enjoy climbing over either a bar or the seat...
yes the stock back seat is slated to go into the EB. Weather or not more than the dogs ever sit in it, well... :flipoff2:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoope1 said:
Is this the finished product?
Any more bracing above the head?
primered last night.. paint tonight.. install tomorrow. its done.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Looks good sceep, I just thought I would reply because if you look at where the bar (the one under the side window) ties into the hoop (behind the seats) the bend looks different in every picture. Optical illusion but interesting, in the first picture it looks like they both bend towards the drivers side, in the second picture it looks like they both bend up and in the third it looks like they bend up.

My guess is they bend in since the rear bar is a bit wider than the front? Also what size tubing 2" and 1 1/2" for the seats (or is the small stuff something else)

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EBSTEVE said:
Looks good sceep, I just thought I would reply because if you look at where the bar (the one under the side window) ties into the hoop (behind the seats) the bend looks different in every picture. Optical illusion but interesting, in the first picture it looks like they both bend towards the drivers side, in the second picture it looks like they both bend up and in the third it looks like they bend up.

My guess is they bend in since the rear bar is a bit wider than the front? Also what size tubing 2" and 1 1/2" for the seats (or is the small stuff something else)
the B and C pilar are the same width behind the seats. The bends in the "under window" bars go up. reasoning... when we put the behind the seat bar in it needed a small bend towards the rear to clear the drivers seat when all the way back on the sliders. then we wanted the window bars right @ bed height. but i wanted all the end points to meet at the same spot. Just looks better IMO. should have some finished installed pics by this weekend.
2" and 1.25"

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thats tits man!!!!!!!:)

When can i drop my truck off for the exo?:confused: :D

-David

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
holy sweet jebus thats sweet...makes me feel bad about the one I'm building. Too bad you didnt do such a good job on your dad's, guess his safety comes second:flipoff2:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
braxton357 said:
holy sweet jebus thats sweet...makes me feel bad about the one I'm building. Too bad you didnt do such a good job on your dad's, guess his safety comes second:flipoff2:
Bahahahahah..

My dads cage is the first one that we ever built, back in '94. Its pretty pathetic (huuuge understatement).

I'ts coming out this winter for a full blown goodie before Cruces. ;)

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sceep said:

I'ts coming out this winter for a full blown goodie before Cruces. ;)
gettin ready to get started... I think this is what we are gonna try for. Unless he changes his mind again :shaking:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,037 Posts
sceep said:

gettin ready to get started... I think this is what we are gonna try for. Unless he changes his mind again :shaking:
I don't know shit..but I made some changes that I like anyway:flipoff2:

In the rear, it looks way too open to me, I would extend that c-pillar all the way to the top tube, and possibly somehow put a tube across between the 2 sides for lateral support. And then on the side bar, I dont know about you but that would be pretty damn annoying hitting my thigh all of the time, I was gonna mount mine like that at first but then bent it (not like in the drawing but I dont have a-cad either:flipoff2: ) The only other thing is you gotta remember the wiper motor, so you can't mount the front bar too close, and of course..all the obligatory gussets that im sure you've got covered.

:edit: (and I wanted to use my red star for something useful for the first time too)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I dig the unique idea but like it was said, the rear would be weak the way you have it. You don't want a joint in the middle of a span that isn't supported.

What software did you use to do the cage? Solidworks?

Jack

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shoope1 said:
Is this cage for two seats or will there be a back seat as well...
two seats and room for a dog or two in back.

IronBenderII said:
I dig the unique idea but like it was said, the rear would be weak the way you have it. You don't want a joint in the middle of a span that isn't supported.

What software did you use to do the cage? Solidworks?

Jack
autocad r2004

1 - 20 of 36 Posts