Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 69 EB project. I want to set it up with full width running gear. What is involved in putting a 60 in the front of an EB? I have a chance to buy axles from a 1 ton Chevy. The pumpkin is on the pasenger side, but if I ran a matching case, would that be a problem? I know the D44 is pretty strong and can be upgraded, but I don't want to build something twice like I did with my RC. Thanks,

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats on your purchase of a real 4x4 :D You'll have to weld on some perches in the rear for the leaf springs and c-wedges in the front to accept the radius arms, coil cups, etc. You can buy them new at James Duff for $75 (here ) or cut them off your stock D44 (but then you may not be able to sell it for as much). Alot of people run fullsize axles on EB's.

As for the passenger side pumpkin, I guess it would work if you had the t-case on that side, but it would be a tight fit without trimming the floorpans for clearance. Also the rear would be at a slightly different location as the 9" on there is offset slightly to the passenger side I think. I have seen a p-side D60 in an EB, so you would just have to put the axles in and then sort out the little problems with that configuration as you go.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, The main thing I needed to know was how to deal with the C-bushings and that does not seem to be an issue. I may just use the Ford ds drop front. I talked to the guy with the Chevy stuff and he may think it is a little more valuable than I do. Thanks for the fast reply with the info I needed.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you go with a front 60 don't cut the c mounts off of the 44. People pay way to much for 44's that will bolt into an EB. If it has disc brakes then some people pay for them like they are gold or somehing.
HTH

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input.

Are those swivel perches home made, or a kit?

The front is a drum brake 44. I will just buy the parts instead of cutting it up.

I just need to start collecting parts for this thing. But I also need to get to Carson City to pick it up. I have not even seen my Bronco yet...... The possible axle deal just got my wheels turning, but my buddy is going to keep his junk. Thanks again,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts