Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, spotted an EB on ebay. Going for about $400 right now. Asked what the reserve is but I haven't gotten a reply back yet. It's a 68 with 91K miles. From Baytown TX and has the rust to prove it! Nothing special at all, but I've been looking for a good something to restore and take camping/wheeling. Here's the link from e-bay:

1968 EB

Let me know what you guys think. I want it at a reasonable price, just don't know enough about it to say what a reasonable price is. I'm thinking around $1K. Am I crazy, or just a cheap bastard. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
If its a stock 6/3 speed with a Dana 30 front and a rusted out body it's worth about $400. Ranger cab's and B2 bodies are cheap and can be installed. If you want to keep the EB look it's going to cost lots o'$$. 302/435 swap's are easy and not to expensive but your still going to want to ditch the 30 and probably go to a big bearing 9" or better yet just put in a 60. So, unless your just going to putter with it and run around a little

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a 289 with a column shift 3 speed. D30 front, Ford 9" in back, probably with the small stuff, 28? splin shafts? My plans include a 351 with possibly a C6, or a NV4500. Atlas with 4.3 gears, D60's front and rear. All the goodies, you know...I just haven't decided on the great Stick vs. Manual debate. New body isn't in the plans unless I can get it for under $1k, which I doubt...so...anyways. Thanks for the info. My dad lives in houston, so I'm gonna try to get him to go look at it.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Originally posted by lhor-dude:
<STRONG>It's got a 289 with a column shift 3 speed. D30 front, Ford 9" in back, probably with the small stuff, 28? splin shafts? My plans include a 351 with possibly a C6, or a NV4500. Atlas with 4.3 gears, D60's front and rear. All the goodies, you know...I just haven't decided on the great Stick vs. Manual debate. New body isn't in the plans unless I can get it for under $1k, which I doubt...so...anyways. Thanks for the info. My dad lives in houston, so I'm gonna try to get him to go look at it.</STRONG>
I'm just finishing about the same thing. I went with a c6/atlas, 302 front and rear 60's, stretched WB 4link coils in the rear etc. As long as the frame is in good shape it's a great platform for building. The 20 is a decent case too if you stay with it. Unless your an EB purest don't overlook different bodies. You can find them in great shape cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the begining, until I can ammount enough cash to justify doing any body work, I'm just gonna cut, sand, and touch up. And maybe I'll throw some bondo on for good measure. I'm basically trying to save enough money to do all the mechanical work first. Then I'll do something about the aging body. Thanks, though, if I end up getting this one, I'll definately look into an Bronco II body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts