Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i see Jeeps going with full width axles i wanted to ask the same question for EB's. What is the ultimate EB axle width if you were gonna get axles cut.

What is the best on/off road suspension going this month. Any thought about going with leaf
springs up front rather then the coils, good or bads.

thanks for all feedback.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
not sure about the width - most people that I know that stuffed full widths under their EBs are going back to standard widths as they were too wide for a lot of stuff.

For suspension - I would highly reccomend BC Broncos. I would stick with the coils up front, heck I am probably eventruly going to go coils all the way around or maybe coil-over if I can afford it. If you put leaves up front, you will decrease your approach angle and need to change a lot (disclaimer - I haven't really looked into this, just talked to a guy who did it and then regretted it) If you really want to unlock the flex'n potential of the front end, get a twister arm.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
That is really the key. Buy or build a wristed radius arm for the front. There are lots of good coils on the market now, Duff, wild horses, BC Broncos etc. I think BC Broncos is the best too, and I like to support a small company that has great customer service and great prices. For the rear leaves buy the national leaves. Wild horses no longer caries these and there new supplier makes poor quality stuff that sags fast. Most of the other vendors cary the nationals, and cheaper than national will sell direct. If you want to run 35's or larger I would also recomend a body lift unles you want to go crazy with the sawzall.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Oh yeah as to axle width for the areas I go stock axle width is best or maybe 2-3 inches wider, just to get full steering with 38's and fit the dana 60 knuckles outside the coil springs/radius arm mounts.

But width really depends on where you are if you are in the south where lots of fulsizes go on the trails fullwidth is probably good.

·
Premium Member
19,777 Posts
Originally posted by Gordon:
<STRONG>Oh yeah as to axle width for the areas I go stock axle width is best or maybe 2-3 inches wider, just to get full steering with 38's and fit the dana 60 knuckles outside the coil springs/radius arm mounts.

.</STRONG>
That is pretty much what i have been told, like a axle 62-64 inches wide (stock like 59)

·
Demon4x4 Member
480 Posts
injectedEB said:
If you really want to unlock the flex'n potential of the front end, get a twister arm.
What is the deal with these, are they still being made? BCBroncos says that they are not available. I had them put me on a list to tell me when they were, but that was over a month ago.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you are going to get custom axles made why not just stuff an old d60 under it. Thats what I'm doing. I got a 78-79 d60 HP from a f250-f350. You get the full length and a 60 at the same time. All you have to do is buy the radius arm wedges from either jeffs Bronco Grave yard or James duff. Go full length it's more stable. Stick with the coils also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.