Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will all Electric wiper mechanisms interchange?

The problem I'm having is that I have a 67 with vacuum wipers and want to install electric. Is it true that the newer wiper motors won't fit into the 67 frame?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I've heard conflicting info on interchange of the factory electric wipers into earlier vacume wiper frames.
Wild Horses sells a kit to replace the two vacume motors with two electric motors. these will be like the origanals in that they will not be syncronised. I bought one of these but have been too lazy to go install it.
I too hate having to down shift going over Donner pass just to see out the front windshield.

Eric

·
Registered
19 Posts
I assume you are talking about Early broncos. All the electric set-ups are interchangeable but you can't remove the vacuum setups and replace it with an electric without some mods. In order to do it you have to lengthen the rod for the electric set up to fit and you need to enlarge one of the holes in the windsheild.

there is a write up on my web page which you can reach through www.classicbroncos.com or email me directly and I can send you the link. I don't have it on hand.

Galen

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I put a stock electric setup in my vacuum frame. You need to upsize the holes in the frame lengthen the linkage between the two wipers and mount the ends. They don't bolt on the same so I made a small plate out of some 1/8 aluminum that bolted to the frame with some counter sunk bolts that the electric stuff attached to. It took me a couple hours to do but it was worth it I also suggest the Cherokee wiper arms so you can run longer blades that are cheaper to buy. I also have a pattern for the plates I made if you want them I can send it to you via email since I can’t post pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I used a pair of marine wipers that were practically bolt in. They work great but their not synconized. No biggie! Check your local marine supply house.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Rubicrawler said:
I used a pair of marine wipers that were practically bolt in. They work great but their not synconized. No biggie! Check your local marine supply house.
Got a part number by chance??? or brand, or anything? hehe thanks

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
HNRYS69 said:

I'll see what I can find ;)

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
HNRYS69 said:

Here a link. I got mine about 5 years ago from Bronco parts with I bought my EB from them. Damn, $99.00 each is expensive but at least you'll get the idea of what they look like.

http://www.broncoparts.com/viewcatalog.php3

Good luck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Marks work great! I think you can get the equal from a Marine store (dont remember the catalog :rolleyes: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts