Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
i'd like to know how that ifs 1/2 front end likes pulling all that shit around.....

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Those things were a neat idea but not something anyone should actually buy. Especially for 18k, you could buy a really nice rollback.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
I saw a post on here a while back with a picture of one of those old BigBlock front wheel drive Cadillacs set up like that.

I saved the pic, but it is on my work pc. I will post it if I think about it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
if im spending 18k it better come with a diesel at least IMO

awesome concept tho. Id buy it with a 4 door, 4wd and diesel.
Good luck on the 4wd part. The whole idea of thses is the super low ride height (easy to load a car).

If it was 4x4 it'd just be a flatbed/roll-off/ramp truck

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,423 Posts
so why wouldn't one just put the rear axle from the donor truck under the trailer and lengthen the driveshaft? seems a 4 wheel drive one of these would be the shit, especially with another trailer or camper hooked up?

yes I realize now it would just be a flatbed or wedge style hauler, but I don't get the whole front wheel drive thing... seems like a lots of work and time to make a weaker vehicle than the truck trailer combo would be in stock form..

and the guy has a "patten" on how he made the trasmission work :laughing: maybe he should have spent $5 of his "patten" money on a dictionary instead

:usa:

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
so why wouldn't one just put the rear axle from the donor truck under the trailer and lengthen the driveshaft? seems a 4 wheel drive one of these would be the shit, especially with another trailer or camper hooked up?

yes I realize now it would just be a flatbed or wedge style hauler, but I don't get the whole front wheel drive thing... seems like a lots of work and time to make a weaker vehicle than the truck trailer combo would be in stock form..

and the guy has a "patten" on how he made the trasmission work :laughing: maybe he should have spent $5 of his "patten" money on a dictionary instead

:usa:
to get the shit low, if you had an axle under the deck it would raise it up like 2 feet. Its a good idea if executed well.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
IMAG0012.jpg

THIS is better.

I think it is front wheel drive so it would eliminate alot of problems, plus there is something so white trash about it that makes it fawkin cool:smokin:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I saw one of these between Siloam and Tulsa. I assumed some messican had hacked and welded the thing together and it was one of a kind.

Kinda makes me teary eyed to be from Arkansas. :Real Proud:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck with the state vehicle inspection and registration. The truck's factory frame is altered. Spend $18k and not be able to tag it.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
Good luck with the state vehicle inspection and registration. The truck's factory frame is altered. Spend $18k and not be able to tag it.
You obviously haven't looked at too many of the builds here.... :lmao:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Sad to say, but here in Arkansas, you would have no problems tagging that POS.

I would hate to drive that thing, being FWD. I broke my rear driveline on my K5 once and had to drive it home in FWD, and it was terrible. Taking off from a stop sign, making a turn, would always result in a spinning tire. Also, just pulling itself up a hill on a dirtroad resulted in wheel spin. That was with 35" tires and a vehicle that's quite a bit lighter than that "tow rig"....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts