Pirate 4x4 banner

Ebay find

3K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Jeepin Jason 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I saw a post on here a while back with a picture of one of those old BigBlock front wheel drive Cadillacs set up like that.

I saved the pic, but it is on my work pc. I will post it if I think about it.

#10 ·
so why wouldn't one just put the rear axle from the donor truck under the trailer and lengthen the driveshaft? seems a 4 wheel drive one of these would be the shit, especially with another trailer or camper hooked up?

yes I realize now it would just be a flatbed or wedge style hauler, but I don't get the whole front wheel drive thing... seems like a lots of work and time to make a weaker vehicle than the truck trailer combo would be in stock form..

and the guy has a "patten" on how he made the trasmission work :laughing: maybe he should have spent $5 of his "patten" money on a dictionary instead

:usa:

#13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle

THIS is better.

I think it is front wheel drive so it would eliminate alot of problems, plus there is something so white trash about it that makes it fawkin cool:smokin:

#21 ·
For $18k, you can buy a stock 98 GM 1/2 ton that will not give you hassles with registration AND a decent car hauler trailer. You would still have $10k left over to put into your crawler:shaking:

#26 ·
Eldorados and Toronados weren't that uncommon to see like the above in the late 70s early 80s. Those always seemed like a decent idea to me, the truck not so much. I don't think you'd have any trouble licensing that thing in California, they don't look at shit, just take your money.
Travis..

#27 ·
Look at what else you could get for 18K

http://hodgescustomhaulers.com/current_stock.asp

Or they can build one on the rig you already own. Either way would be way better than what the guy in Arkansas is trying to sell.

I have seen the Hodges rigs in person and if I had the dough would be putting that on the back of my MegaCab Diesel....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.