Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,568 Posts
Looks kinda cool -- an interesting way to get low deck height, certainlly...

No price listed on their website, though -- figure with eight wheels, eight tires, eight hubs, eight spindles, and eight pairs of bearings, it has gotta be bank.

Randii

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
My uncle has a tri axle(I think, been years since I've seen it...) tag with that setup... It's pretty damn cool IMHO. But, must have been MAJOR $$$ new.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
ya ive seen a trailer with that set up before, but if a tire goes flat it twists that spring really badly.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TR said:
ya ive seen a trailer with that set up before, but if a tire goes flat it twists that spring really badly.
That was kind of my thought, sort of defeats my purpose for duals. They are fairly reasonable $.

http://www.gsnet.com/inventory/Trailers/EquipmentTrailers/100097682_133_Pro.asp
Backhoe Pro Trailer in America, 12-Ton M1223DE Backhoe Pro or Super Max 16-Ton SP1623DE with Multi-Max Suspension,
12-ton $6,222, 16-ton $7,575.

The one I was looking at is the tilt version

1225TE

$8,333 here ECONOLINE MP1225TE 12-Ton Tilt with Multi-Max

I sure appreciate the input. I like weird and innovative but this really may just be weird? It looks like it would be really good for rough terrain since both tires on each set of "duals" would be forced to touch the ground. I'm not so sure about holding alignment. What will happen if you drop a tire off the edge of the pavement at speed?

Econoline rates theirs for 12 tons @ 50mph.

The other trailer I was looking atTrailMax TD20

is rated @ 25,600 lbs.(G.V.W.R.)
Trailer Weight 7,240 lbs.
Capacity @ 65 MPH. (Uniformly Distributed) 18,360 lbs

I don't have the vaguest idea how to guess the load variable between the two. Any ideas or other recomendations?

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
My dad had a lowboy that was setup like that.. he said it was the worst setup EVER.

Needless to say, it sat at the back of the yard, and only got used when there was no other trailers with real axles around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts