Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is coming? Ecors is holding a night race at the badlands on July 26th. Their will be both a short course and long course race. The long course will be setup similar to the old style long Trec course. If you haven't been to race at the badlands yet you are missing out. Only place on the east coast with such a diverse terrain in the same park. Hoping to get a huge turnout for this race. Their will be a class for everyone. If you haven't raced Ecors check them out for complete rules. We will be there racing A class in the old cherokee

·
Registered
27 Posts
You may or may not have heard that ECORS is under new management. Myself (Travis Wilson) and my partner (Meghan Heath) have been racing with ECORS for several years and have acquired the series this year. We are doing things a bit different than previous seasons. In addition to the traditional endurance racing, we are now adding short course tracks with land rush starts. This has been very exciting for both fans and racers.
We are looking forward to the Badlands race, as it will be the first ECORS night race. We have had a lot of interest from first time ECORS competitors and have added new classes for many types of off road vehicles. Currently, we have 7 classes ranging from UTV to Unlimited and this includes the new Toyota Trail Class and the new 2wd Buggy Class. We look forward to welcoming all the new racers to the ECORS family.
Call 423.902.9207 with any question about this race. Hope to see you at the Badlands.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
We plan to come down for this. We have some fixes to do, but we should be done at the last minute as usual.

·
Poser
1,556 Posts
James, Casey and/or Mr. and Mrs. ECORS,

Do you guys still need help setting up the track?

Like I mentioned, it would be best to do it (or most of it) the weekend before. But if you want I can probably come up with a good excuse to ditch work the Friday before the event and come down and assist.

Call / email

LT

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The 2 wheel drive buggies were horrible to race with. They were never able to make the entire course and always causing traffic jams and then whined and bitched when we would push them up the hills.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The 2 wheel drive buggies were horrible to race with. They were never able to make the entire course and always causing traffic jams and then whined and bitched when we would push them up the hills.
Pretty sad you got beat off the line by a 2wd. I never had any issues being in front of them.

Well Fuck that then. Me and my 2wd buddies will stay home. Have a shitty race.
If thats all it takes to make you quit then maybe you really shouldnt race. Personally I think it would be awesome if you make it out and put the smack down on some cherokees and bang some doors with the other 2wd's.

This race is going to be awesome. I DGAF if someone races a golf cart, the more racers the better. I miss the original trec days. Hope everyone can make it out.

Dies that sound like some mindless sideshow rant? Lol, p.s. He better be out there too!!!!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Well Fuck that then. Me and my 2wd buddies will stay home. Have a shitty race.
Wow you are sensitive .....

The problem is getting the 2wd up the sandy and muddy climbs with no run at them. Maybe it was the course but deffinatly needs to be taken into account when they seem the course.

Terhune it was your buggy that was dong the pishing haha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm just a hobby racer. Us old guys don't want to get in the way of you real racers with sponsors and shit.

Plus I here it isn't really suited for 2wd anyway and on top of the everyone breaks.

How muck is the entry fee? Isn't it 300 bucks?

Wow you are sensitive .....

The problem is getting the 2wd up the sandy and muddy climbs with no run at them. Maybe it was the course but deffinatly needs to be taken into account when they seem the course.

Terhune it was your buggy that was dong the pishing haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
James, Casey and/or Mr. and Mrs. ECORS,

Do you guys still need help setting up the track?

Like I mentioned, it would be best to do it (or most of it) the weekend before. But if you want I can probably come up with a good excuse to ditch work the Friday before the event and come down and assist.

Call / email

LT[/QUOTE]

Thank you! We will need some help setting the courses, as well as other operations(recovery and safety volunteers). The UMC was the first time I have ever been to Badlands and we were only able to see one lap of the Ultra4 course, and that was in the dark! We plan to arrive on Wednesday the 23rd. We will have a few volunteers, but none have been there either.

Don't be concerned about having outclassed vehicles in your way. The courses will have separate and optional lines for different classes, and depending on the # of racers, most will run only with their respective class.

P.S. It's Miss ECORS

Registration
https://ecors.wufoo.com/forms/q1wy02641gzhpy0/

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'm just a hobby racer. Us old guys don't want to get in the way of you real racers with sponsors and shit.

Plus I here it isn't really suited for 2wd anyway and on top of the everyone breaks.

How muck is the entry fee? Isn't it 300 bucks?

just go race and have fun. Dont let some internet rubbing wreck your weekend.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
NEED MORE RACERS

The more the better, all classes, 2wd, 4wd, all wd!!!!!!!!!!!
want this to be the Badlands comeback race.
just a fyi.....please observe all park rules ie, speeding in
park during open hours!!!!!!!!! pre- cruise.
NO RACE SPEED PRE RUNNING.
do not kill a re-invite for this race...
:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
This race is going to be awesome. I DGAF if someone races a golf cart, the more racers the better. I miss the original trec days. Hope everyone can make it out.
Agreed! I miss the old TREC courses, long and fast laps using the whole park, every class on the same course (only bypasses for 2wd), and a bitching party afterwards!

The more the better, all classes, 2wd, 4wd, all wd!!!!!!!!!!!
want this to be the Badlands comeback race.
just a fyi.....please observe all park rules ie, speeding in
park during open hours!!!!!!!!! pre- cruise.
NO RACE SPEED PRE RUNNING.
do not kill a re-invite for this race...
:grinpimp:
This is huge.... NO RACE SPEED WHILE PRE-RUNNING!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone called Brian over at Maora to see if any of those guys are interested in coming out?
There are a few of them signed up to race.

Anyone know where/what the course is? We were told it's not in the park.

x3 on not driving fast while the park's open, that is one of the main reasons Kyle stopped doing the TREC races.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There are a few of them signed up to race.

Anyone know where/what the course is? We were told it's not in the park.

x3 on not driving fast while the park's open, that is one of the main reasons Kyle stopped doing the TREC races.
This IS the reason TREC is gone. Race vehicles will not be allowed in during park hours. Pre running Friday after 7 PM with paid entry fee. We will have 2 separate courses IN the park. Expect fast and fun! With a ledge or two:D

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
This IS the reason TREC is gone. Race vehicles will not be allowed in during park hours. Pre running Friday after 7 PM with paid entry fee. We will have 2 separate courses IN the park. Expect fast and fun! With a ledge or two:D
whats the race schedule for Saturday

1 - 20 of 46 Posts