Pirate 4x4 banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Recently acquired a 96 Tracker, 16V, 5spd 4 door to tow behind my motor home. Since it will be my only transportation while using the RV I wanted it to have enough power to accelerate as good as my 19,000lb 454 Chevy powered RV.
Here's the game plan: 2014 Cadillac ATS RWD 2.0 Turbo, 272 HP. Solstice bellhousing, Colorodo 5 Speed and Transfer case. Rotate transfer case to realign to front axle. Engine oil pan has rear sump. Regear front diff to 4.30 and mate Tracker rear axle housing ends to Ford 8.8 axle with custom axles to use Tracker wheel bearings, backing plates, brakes and drums install True Trac and 4.30 gears. Running 30 x 95 tires o 2002 Zr2 wheels and will be installing an Altered Ego 4.5 lift kit, A arms springs etc.
Interior changed seats to Recaro's from 2006 Saturn for the fro and fitted matching Saturn for the rear.
All the engine and transmission parts have been purchased along with a donor Tracker frame and body shell for mockup. Most everything will arrive within the next two weeks.
The Cadillac ATS is RWD, this 2.0 has the exhaust and turbo on the driver side and everything else is oriented for a RWD vehicle.
This doesn't appear to be all that difficult to do. I realize things like frot axle relocation, firewall and floor tunnel modifications will need to be done. The donor mock up rig will simplify that.
I'll post some pictures when things get rolling.
This is pretty much what I'm doing, but I think I'm going to use the Cadillac either 6 or 8 speed auto with a divorced case. Its going in a 4 door Sidekick so I'm hoping t o have the length to pull it off. Seems like the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Sir,

I have a 1985 V8 Land Rover 110 with LT 95 transmission. Would like to swap a 2.0 ecotech for the V8, but am considering keeping the transmission. Do you believe you could fabricate an engine/transmission adapter? Would be willing to pay handsomely if it works.

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Sir,

I have a 1985 V8 Land Rover 110 with LT 95 transmission. W:rolleyes:ould like to swap a 2.0 ecotech for the V8, but am considering keeping the transmission. Do you believe you could fabricate an engine/transmission adapter? Would be willing to pay handsomely if it works.

Michael

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Recently acquired a 96 Tracker, 16V, 5spd 4 door to tow behind my motor home. Since it will be my only transportation while using the RV I wanted it to have enough power to accelerate as good as my 19,000lb 454 Chevy powered RV.
Here's the game plan: 2014 Cadillac ATS RWD 2.0 Turbo, 272 HP. Solstice bellhousing, Colorodo 5 Speed and Transfer case. Rotate transfer case to realign to front axle. Engine oil pan has rear sump. Regear front diff to 4.30 and mate Tracker rear axle housing ends to Ford 8.8 axle with custom axles to use Tracker wheel bearings, backing plates, brakes and drums install True Trac and 4.30 gears. Running 30 x 95 tires o 2002 Zr2 wheels and will be installing an Altered Ego 4.5 lift kit, A arms springs etc.
Interior changed seats to Recaro's from 2006 Saturn for the fro and fitted matching Saturn for the rear.
All the engine and transmission parts have been purchased along with a donor Tracker frame and body shell for mockup. Most everything will arrive within the next two weeks.
The Cadillac ATS is RWD, this 2.0 has the exhaust and turbo on the driver side and everything else is oriented for a RWD vehicle.
This doesn't appear to be all that difficult to do. I realize things like frot axle relocation, firewall and floor tunnel modifications will need to be done. The donor mock up rig will simplify that.
I'll post some pictures when things get rolling.
I want to do the same swap. The problem is the newer ecotec engines don't have hydralic power steering. You can get a conversion, but it goes in the place of the a/c compressor.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
I want to do the same swap. The problem is the newer ecotec engines don't have hydralic power steering. You can get a conversion, but it goes in the place of the a/c compressor.
For what he is using it for and the tire size I would go with a prius or Saturn view electric steering.

261 - 267 of 267 Posts