Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 60 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just thought it would be easier for some. Under $300 is a pretty good price for a harness. I just got done with my sidekick harness and it was fairly easy but it took some time.Why do you think you would loose power??

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i would like to know where you found that info at $300 for a customized wire harness

:massey:

I saw someone advertising customized Ecotec wire harnesses for under $300. Makes me think they aren't that bad to wire. (Same guy wanted over $500 for a Honda harness.)

-Wayne

·
Registered
266 Posts
Got my 2.2l this morning :eek: Measurements Length 27" from front of motor to the power steering pump. Height from pan to valve cover 24". Width 25" from exhaust manifold outlet flange to throttle body intake. Now I need a bell housing from the AR5 :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Notice the Grand Vitara uses the AW5 and an AR5 (yes a version of the same transmission.) for you Suzuki purists. :flipoff2:

-Wayne
Which Grand Vitara, the v-6 or the 4cyl 1.6or 2.0l use this tranny??

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Got my 2.2l this morning :eek: Measurements Length 27" from front of motor to the power steering pump. Height from pan to valve cover 24". Width 25" from exhaust manifold outlet flange to throttle body intake. Now I need a bell housing from the AR5 :D
Wow, that 27" length is a killer. Can you get some pics with a tape measure across the top? How much would you save getting rid of that pump on the back?

To give you an idea, the engine bay in the stock sheetmetal of a Samurai is only about 28" deep and you need a radiator in there.. At 20" as listed earlier this was sounding like a very interesting swap option. At 27" it is too long for what I had in mind. :(

-Wayne

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you take the power steering pump off you gain about 2" There is also this thing with the black cap on it that stick out. I believe is has some thing to do with the cooling system. I will get the p/s pump and that cap off to confirm

·
Registered
266 Posts
Power steering pump off. easy to make a block off plate.
This is some sort of exhaust ports, it was blocked off though, so you so you could cut it off and tig weld it shut and gain another 2" in back.
Total length with p/s pump off is 24"

·
Registered
266 Posts
Some yes :shaking::flipoff2: Anyways, I have also seen a couple pics of ones without this egr setup completely, that would be more of the motor to get if you could determine which ones they are.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Some yes :shaking::flipoff2: Anyways, I have also seen a couple pics of ones without this egr setup completely, that would be more of the motor to get if you could determine which ones they are.
Yep, I would look for a motor without the power steering pump off the cam and no EGR, and anything else that would make the motor shorter.

This motor appears to be far longer then I thought and not a good candidate for fitting into a Samurai. :(

Hmm, maybe the 3.6 Caddy is shorter... Just kidding! :flipoff2: or am I?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have the motor just still trying to come up with a bell housing, my local wrecking yard is not very helpful, but still working on it

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I looked the bell houshing on the factory trannys they do not come off! if you know of a tranny that has a bell housing that comes off let me know and i can try to find it for you. or if you want to you can call me 360-888-6169 i got some good info for you :)

:massey:

·
Registered
306 Posts
using some of the mesurments in this thread I was going over the zuk and man an ecotec is going to be VERY tight.

Do any of you guys by chance have the engine weight of an ecotec? I can not seem to find it.

Thanks

41 - 60 of 267 Posts