Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
hey i can help yuo with that on sunday afternoon man. ill bring my little fuel test jumper wire:D i dont understand, my computer started fine in your truck.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
toy4crawlin said:
" 89661-35070 "== Verified I just got this out of a 86 5-spd. non SR5 4 runner
hoping it will work as a spare for my 85 4runner
IT Works in my 85!! I passed smog too

the 89661-35020 that was in my 85 runner gave me an engine light, that could not be troubled shooted. swapped inthe 35070 and No engine light and everything works and runs great!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
toy4crawlin said:
" 89661-35070 "== Verified I just got this out of a 86 5-spd. non SR5 4 runner
hoping it will work as a spare for my 85 4runner
This ECU Works

The my ECU, ( Do not know what's its from) Works but I get an Engine Light.

sorry I don't have ECU #'s with me

·
Registered
8 Posts
what about 3vz ecus, im starting to narrow down a problem to it and might need to know whats compatible for an 88 4runner sr5 3.O manual

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
i have 4 computers out of 86-87 toyota turbos, and one from an auto turbo, all with the 89661-35050 number, so i dont think the auto is and different??

cliff

·
Registered
544 Posts
what about 3vz ecus, im starting to narrow down a problem to it and might need to know whats compatible for an 88 4runner sr5 3.O manual
The 88 seems to be an oddball year. Injectors are a different part# than the 89 and later. Resistance values are different and as far as I can tell from wiring diagrams, the 89 and later system doesn't use the seperate injector resistor while the 88 does. I think you'll find the ECU is 1988 year specific like the injectors.

·
Web Wheeler For Hire
1,889 Posts
I'm looking for a complete EFI system for a 22r. Seems like lots of changes along the years, which would be best to look for? What years? I've been told some harness are easier to get and others involve lots of under dash work as well.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I also have 3 22re ecus that I dont need. I had an 85 asnd these are all out of newer toys that worked fine in my 85 when I tested them.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
what if your truck was an auto and you swap in a manual? Any jumpers required?
WTF did this post say!!!!!!!!!!!!

"if you use a auto computer in a manual you have to hook the shifter wires together. to get it to start."

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ecu

dont know if this will help anyone but it worked for me. i had an injected samuria that wouldnt run unless you poured gas in the throttlebody. downloaded ecu repair instructions off ebay. took ecu out of vehicle and removed cover. take acetone and artist brush and clean a sealer off all components. replaced all compacitors (tube shaped usually blue or black)can get at radioshack. did not fix. got large magnifying glass and checked all soldier joints. took 2 days but found i joint corrided into.resoldied joint.plugged it in and it worked. pulled back out and sprayed board and componients with clear lacquer spray paint to seal all per instructions. put back in worked great. saved $250. cost $5 for download. hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
WTF did this post say!!!!!!!!!!!!

"if you use a auto computer in a manual you have to hook the shifter wires together. to get it to start."
where are these located? does this affect the fuel system?

the guy i got the truck from did a v6 swap from a 4runner, he also used an auto ecu. The truck wants to crank with starting fluid, but its not getting power to the plug for the fuel pump. All the fuses under the hood and under the dash are getting power. Im gonna get a manual this weekend just seeing if anyone had any input if its the ecu or not

21 - 40 of 76 Posts